Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

11 hours ago, geoephemera said:

If the South Corridor Study created a new commuter rail line from Columbia to Nashville, I would hope that the southeastern edge of Ft Negley would be the site for a new train station to connect commuters to the new offices planned for Wedgewood Houston (along Hagan, Gray, Martin, Merritt, Humphreys, Chestnut, etc.), connect Vanderbilt staff to the shuttles at Lot 127 on Chestnut, connect riders to Route 25 crosstown, and connect people to a park before they commute home. I know it may never happen, but one has to dream--or at least write it down here for others to see.

A commuter rail station at Wedgewood-Houston is pretty tight spacing between the proposed stations at Wedgewood Avenue and South Gulch. It works better for the light rail option, but the light rail option is not necessarily tied to the CSX alignment.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 5:46 AM, markhollin said:

The Rome (7 stories, 210  units, 3,800 sq. ft. of ground level retail, internal garage) update: core drilling and excavation equipment on site.

Looking SE from Monroe St., 1/2 block west of 2nd Ave. South:

Rome, 2nd & Monroe, Oct 5, 2021.jpeg

Can anyone tell me what the drilling equipment is for here? This is opposite from my apartment and I’ve been watching it drill around the entire lot perimeter over the past week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

127 3rd Ave. South (3 stories, 20,000 sq. ft., circa 1920) will now be rebranded as Layer Cake, with several different restaurants covering the various floors.  Initially Milkshake Concepts out of Dallas was going to call it Stirr, but have opted for a new name.  Powell Architecture + Building is handling design and construction.

The main level of the building will accommodate Cherry Lounge (with a dinner-only menu). Each of the other three levels will provide different offerings. The second-floor dining room is set for what “we hope will be Nashville’s most impressive dessert offerings,” Imran Sheikh CEO of Milkshake Concepts said.

The rooftop space will provide a disc jockey and television for watching sports, yielding a “hybrid” space of sorts, he said.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/dallas-company-eyes-january-opening-for-sobro-restaurant/article_7ced3f36-26de-11ec-be94-df5499084207.html

Here is a rendering of what the new sign will look like:

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 8.30.35 AM.png

Here are the basic floor plans (life safety plans actually) of the renovations. Powell did not have any 3D views in the permit set.

image.thumb.png.09fa4489c14a1dc93b051ba78224384c.png

image.thumb.png.3e8923a98a38ae6a758393383d189861.png

image.thumb.png.bff77074d8ac973bce4da11a679d7eba.png

image.thumb.png.e21bdb614d91ab73de297c5893b63d6e.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brit_in_Gtown said:

I own a couple of those types of drills. The drilling on site right now is almost certainly for blasting. The pattern spacing I saw looks to be for mass excavation, maybe for below grade parking or stormwater retention. 

Thank you for the insight and welcome to the forum! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brit_in_Gtown said:

I own a couple of those types of drills. The drilling on site right now is almost certainly for blasting. The pattern spacing I saw looks to be for mass excavation, maybe for below grade parking or stormwater retention. 

Welcome to the forum,  Brit_in_Gtown!  : )

• Like 1