Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Anyone have more info on this? Nashville post is being a tease. Could be significant change to height in the area. I think currently the Ludlow is the tallest structure in the area?

Thoughts? Does anyone have access to renderings from behind the post paywall?

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/three-building-project-eyed-for-city-s-north-side/article_4bfc6808-3a8d-11ec-b5ea-af01599766da.html

8 minutes ago, Brit_in_Gtown said:

Anyone have more info on this? Nashville post is being a tease. Could be significant change to height in the area. I think currently the Ludlow is the tallest structure in the area?

Thoughts? Does anyone have access to renderings from behind the post paywall?

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/three-building-project-eyed-for-city-s-north-side/article_4bfc6808-3a8d-11ec-b5ea-af01599766da.html

Sorry, no renderings yet. No response from the architect or the developer. The plan is not available from Metro yet, so when that becomes available you folks will be first to see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 8:15 PM, Auntie Yock said:

^The red brick made that building, giving it a timeless and classy look. This paint is just making it modernist and ugly. :(

I don't know...I kind of like the painted brick. If it's a relatively neutral color, then it can give it a pretty classic look (as well as helping seal the brick and mortar to extend its life). Painting brick buildings was a very common practice in the 18th and 19th centuries, and if done properly can really add to a building's charm.

• Like 4

Any chance one or two 20-30 story buildings get developed on the parking lots behind some of those historical buildings on Broadway?  I guess technically they'd be fronting McGavock, yet they could reasonably approximate the other side of a Broadway canyon.  Beyond that personal desire (Broadway canyon), I'm asking because it feels like the area between 10th, 4th, Demonbreun, and Broadway is a void relative to towers.  Would love to see more fill there to go with Embassy, One, and Cambria.

12 hours ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

I don't know...I kind of like the painted brick. If it's a relatively neutral color, then it can give it a pretty classic look (as well as helping seal the brick and mortar to extend its life). Painting brick buildings was a very common practice in the 18th and 19th centuries, and if done properly can really add to a building's charm.

Not in this case.

19 hours ago, nashville born said:

Any chance one or two 20-30 story buildings get developed on the parking lots behind some of those historical buildings on Broadway?  I guess technically they'd be fronting McGavock, yet they could reasonably approximate the other side of a Broadway canyon.  Beyond that personal desire (Broadway canyon), I'm asking because it feels like the area between 10th, 4th, Demonbreun, and Broadway is a void relative to towers.  Would love to see more fill there to go with Embassy, One, and Cambria.

There are a couple of lots overt there between 7th & Rosa that could be developed. One is prime and owned by the baptist church and probably will. The other is behind the Customs House and I am unsure who the ownership goes to. The parking is used for the CH.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2021 at 6:46 AM, smeagolsfree said:

State looks to overhaul former legislative complex into Capitol visitors center, state war museum, office space and a conference center.

Tennessee mulls $183M facelift to former legislative complex (msn.com)

I've spent a lot of time in that building over my career. Looking forward to hearing more about the plans. It will be good to see the War Branch of the Tennessee State Museum be able to expand.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

I've spent a lot of time in that building over my career. Looking forward to hearing more about the plans. It will be good to see the War Branch of the Tennessee State Museum be able to expand.

Hi, "Prince" Clift ─ I meant Nashville Cliff (forgive meh..:D)

Glad to know you're still around.  Yes, it lit me up too, to read about that expansion.  The War Branch has been treated "red-headed'ly" much too long.

[added 1 like for Nashville Cliff]

• Like 3