Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Hume House and The Hamilton (3, 4 & 5 stories, 330 units, internal garage) update: topped out across site; brickwork 60% complete.

Looking  SE from Hume St. at 7th Ave. North:

Hume House:Hamilton, Dec 4, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of Hume St. and Press Place:

Hume House:Hamilton, Dec 4, 2021, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from Press Place, 1/2 block west of 5th Ave. North:

Hume House:Hamilton, Dec 4, 2021, 3.jpeg

Looking NE from stairwell west of Taylor Place, 1/4 bock north of Taylor St:

Hume House:Hamilton, Dec 4, 2021, 4.jpeg

Looking NW from alley south of Taylor Place, just north of Taylor St:

Hume House:Hamilton, Dec 4, 2021, 5.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

1320 Rosa Parks will be a 4 story residential project with 16 units, and and some rooftop amenities. Rootarch is the developer and architect.  They will go before MDHA's Design Review Committee on Tuesday for approval.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/new-details-released-for-main-street-mixed-use-project/article_2dcbaf04-56cd-11ec-be13-0bb8b3e21072.html

1320 Rosa Parks, Dec 6, 2021, render.png

1320 Rosa Parks, Dec 6, 2021, render 3.png

1320 Rosa Parks, Dec 6, 2021, render 2.png

1320 Rosa Parks, Dec 6, 2021, diagram 2.png

1320 Rosa Parks, Dec 6, 2021, diagram 1.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the crape highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1320 Rosa Parks Blvd, Sept 24, 2019, site map 2.png

I love this.   A definite nod to the architecture of the 3-4 story brick apartment buildings that were once ubiquitous in neighborhoods ringing the central core of American cities in the early 20th century.   

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Kv615 said:

Any idea on what grocery store?  I know HG has a history with Publix but Germantown seems like it would welcome a Turnip Truck type experience. 

Beat me to it. Publix is certainly an option due to the mentioned relationship with HG Hill. I don't think we will see a Turnip Truck. If I had to guess outside of Publix, I would say either Whole Foods or Trader Joes (very unlikely and much to the frustration of East Nashville I'm sure). 

• Like 2

Has Target or Walmart shown any interest in establishing one of their smaller urban stores in any of the neighborhoods inside the loop or midtown?  A full sized Target in Metro Center could easily serve  Bordeaux, Germantown, North Gulch and other parts of North Nashville over to the Tennessee State campus.   I wouldn't want to see a strip mall type of development but a multi-building shopping and dining complex in Metro center that could include a Home Depot or Lowes, Home Goods or Home Sense, Marshalls or T.J. Maxx, local stores and both chain and local restaurants.  Add to it a family fun center as well.  In Bowie, MD the food court building in the Town Center wasn't doing well, so it was converted to basically a miniature version of a Dave & Busters. 

• Like 3

Man, utility lines are really hurting the look of so many of Nashville's new projects.  In this case there are three levels of utility lines.   So, even at the second level of the building you'll see utility lines.   I guess living in the DMV has spoiled me because you just don't see too many neighborhoods with power and utility lines above ground.  From the core of the city out to suburbs most power/utility lines are buried.  

Anyway, kudos to the developer for building a garage and placing it where it doesn't become a focal point.

• Like 3