Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

200 Broadway (5 stories, 19,000 sq. ft., circa 1900) will have its full makeover now as Chief's, a new Eric Church-themed bar, BBQ restaurant (by Whole Hog BBQ out of South Carolina), and seated music venue that will take up 2 floors and feature ticketed events.  An additional rooftop bar will be added to make it 6 stories total. AJ Capital is the developer and co-own the building now with Church.

Inside the bar, Church fans — known collectively as "the Church Choir" — can expect themes that celebrate the singer's canonized career moments, Alexander said. Church released his debut album "Sinners Like Me" in 2006, building a dedicated fanbase in the years that followed with marathon live shows and no-nonsense songs that often mix country storytelling with heartland rock ambition. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2022/01/27/eric-church-open-chiefs-bar-venue-and-bbq-spot-lower-broadway/9204459002/

200 Broadway, Jan 26, 2022, render.png

Good to see they plan to restore the front windows (currently bricked over) on second/third floors. The prices the longtime owners of those buildings are getting are stunning to me. Just keep rising! 

• Like 2

A very handsome project indeed, but a bit of a bummer that they couldn't also acquire that little sliver of property directly adjacent to the greenway.  Does that mean there will still be a bunch of junk piled up there next door?

Edited by BnaBreaker

16 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

A very handsome project indeed, but a bit of a bummer that they couldn't also acquire that little sliver of property directly adjacent to the greenway.  Does that mean there will still be a bunch of junk piled up there next door?

The property not included looks like it is part of metro public infrastructure. I would say at some point metro will make Toll Brothers responsible for a landscape plan as a condition of approving the SP. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, markhollin said:

I normally don't spotlight service stations,  convenience stores, or fast food joints unless they are in prominent locations.

Here are renderings for the updated Mapco location featuring a Subway sandwich shop on the SW corner of Rosa L. Parks Blvd and Jefferson St:

Mapco, Jefferson and Rosa Parks, Jan 14, 2022, render 1.png

Mapco, Jefferson and Rosa Parks, Jan 14, 2022, render 2.png

Pretty much the exact design from the Mapco/Subway location at the Harding exit on I65. Great layout 

2 hours ago, Brit_in_Gtown said:

The property not included looks like it is part of metro public infrastructure. I would say at some point metro will make Toll Brothers responsible for a landscape plan as a condition of approving the SP. 

There are three parcels that are owned by Roy T Goodwin company in that section they need to buy. You are correct that there are also parcels owned by Metro  mixed in there as well and that is why it is a little funky shaped.

The SP will be needed to gain the extra height needed for thee buildings and the landscaping will probably be a big factor in play for sure.

Toll Bros. has owned the other parcels for a while. There is another entity involved here but I am not at liberty to name them right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1