Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, nashwatcher said:

If plans have been submitted to Metro for the 2 acre Third and Lindsley site, do we know the size of the apartment building? Any idea if it’s going to be a 6 story standard or a taller structure?

Don't hold your breath.  The 3rd & Lindsey music venue still has 2 years left on its lease.  IMO little is going to happen here anytime soon.

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I hated to read the news that the Ernest Tubb Record Store would be closing and the building sold! Sure would be nice if the Country Music Foundation would purchase it and operate it as an outpost of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum!

NO!!!  That’s like an institution on Lower Broadway.  Been there 75 years, I think.

That’s a “canary in the coal mine” moment, if they sell.  Only thing worse would be Tootsies, I’d think….or the Ryman, of course.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, downtownresident said:

That’s a big missing tooth along Demonbreun. That, along with the First Baptist lot are the last two spots left along Demonbreun. 

I noticed on google maps that it says that log behind First Baptist is “Premier Parking FBC Lot C.” I’m assuming First Baptist owns the land but Premier contracts to do the pay parking during non-service times?

Anyway, I highly doubt First Baptist sells anytime soon. Unless it was worked into a contract that they would have a guaranteed amount of spots in a parking structure that was the base of a tower or something, but I don’t know if that would be economically feasible for a builder or not. 

1 hour ago, natethegreat said:

For real? This is the one site in town that absolutely needs an impressive development. It’s one of the best lots in the city, no idea why it’s still a parking lot. I swear if they dig up the parking lot just to build another....

I remember 5 or 6 years ago when I lived in Bellevue they tore down the Waffle House there at the I-40 on-ramp….and proceeded to build an identical Waffle House. I was so baffled. 

6 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I noticed on google maps that it says that log behind First Baptist is “Premier Parking FBC Lot C.” I’m assuming First Baptist owns the land but Premier contracts to do the pay parking during non-service times?

Anyway, I highly doubt First Baptist sells anytime soon. Unless it was worked into a contract that they would have a guaranteed amount of spots in a parking structure that was the base of a tower or something, but I don’t know if that would be economically feasible for a builder or not. 

I remember 5 or 6 years ago when I lived in Bellevue they tore down the Waffle House there at the I-40 on-ramp….and proceeded to build an identical Waffle House. I was so baffled. 

Waffle House did that to several of them, including White Bridge Pike / I40 & Sidco Drive.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

L&C Tower has been purchased for $55 million by Tricera Capital and Merrimac Ventures.  The previous owner, CIM Group, had bought it for $29.75 million 7 years ago. 

The new owners plan an “extensive renovation that will add substantial value” to the building while preserving “its Art Deco style and historical features.”

Current tenants include Warby Parker, Serendipity Labs and Complex Media, according to the release. Built in the 1950s on Church Street, the L&C Tower was once the tallest building in the South.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/nashville-tower-sells-for-55m/article_25a8db10-a3a5-11ec-ba9c-af74e9123a55.html

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 10.32.01 AM.png

Cool, they can start with a power wash.

• Like 1