Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Skyline shot from the W hotel. Nicest hotel in the city, in my opinion.

Is there anything planned for Cummins Station and the parking deck in front of it? Seems like a lot of potential there

A2C9329A-A4FA-4E42-8451-5C818BD30CAA.jpeg

Heard from someone who works for one of the tenants at Cummins station. The building isn't going anywhere. However, they have the structural ability to build up to 6 or 8 stories I believe. I for one think that's a good thing. Cummins Station has always been a massive landmark to me and a really cool building. They did renovations on it very recently too so I don't think it will ever be torn down. Renovations, however, may happen. 

The parking garage behind the building is going to be developed at some point. From what I heard, the owner of Cummins stations (I'd have to go on the accessor to find out what holding company that is) owns 3 or 4 parking lots and garages along the rail roads down there and all will eventually be developed. I heard this 3ish years ago so it's possible some of that development on 11th in the gulch were from their war-chest of properties. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Heard from someone who works for one of the tenants at Cummins station. The building isn't going anywhere. However, they have the structural ability to build up to 6 or 8 stories I believe. I for one think that's a good thing. Cummins Station has always been a massive landmark to me and a really cool building. They did renovations on it very recently too so I don't think it will ever be torn down. Renovations, however, may happen. 

The parking garage behind the building is going to be developed at some point. From what I heard, the owner of Cummins stations (I'd have to go on the accessor to find out what holding company that is) owns 3 or 4 parking lots and garages along the rail roads down there and all will eventually be developed. I heard this 3ish years ago so it's possible some of that development on 11th in the gulch were from their war-chest of properties. 

There's an entire thread committed to the Cummins Station area developments, which will be called The Station District.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

311 3rd Ave. South (.23 acre including a 1 story structure that was once home to Sole Mio Restaurant, and most recently to Gino's Pizzeria) s being offered for sale at $15 million, which works out to $1,497 per sq. ft./$65 million per acre.  A very high price considering the site is sandwiched between two large structures (Drury Plaza Hotel to the south and Hyatt Place Hotel to the north).

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/small-sobro-building-listed-for-sale-for-15m/article_82b3a5dc-b13e-11ec-82d8-1f2b7d6164fc.html

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 8.33.23 AM.png

• Like 3

I could see the site redevelopment mentioned in the article occurring here and having shared parking agreements with both the Drury and the Hyatt Place in order to build without any additional parking (not that the zoning requires it, but rather market and financing pressures require it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I could see the site redevelopment mentioned in the article occurring here and having shared parking agreements with both the Drury and the Hyatt Place in order to build without any additional parking (not that the zoning requires it, but rather market and financing pressures require it)

Problem is if you don't include a parking pedestal (and it would be difficult to make it cost-effective due to how narrow the parcel is) you're limited to glazing on the front/rear street frontages for the first six/seven stories (and all the way up on the 3rd Avenue side). These are high-rise land prices on a site with low-rise opportunity, barring some NYC-style shoehorning.

It would be a good location for one of Nashville's signature six-story bar/restaurants. How about a six-level Kenny Rogers Roasters?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

Problem is if you don't include a parking pedestal (and it would be difficult to make it cost-effective due to how narrow the parcel is) you're limited to glazing on the front/rear street frontages for the first six/seven stories (and all the way up on the 3rd Avenue side). These are high-rise land prices on a site with low-rise opportunity, barring some NYC-style shoehorning.

Almost like we need some solid designers and developers willing to pay for the NYC-style shoe-horning. I think Nashville has it covered with the good designers, just need the developers to step up their game haha

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

It would be a good location for one of Nashville's signature six-story bar/restaurants. How about a six-level Kenny Rogers Roasters

Walgreens on first floor, Starbucks on second floor, Barnes & Noble on floors 3 -4 and a good affordable restaurant on floors 5-6 topping it off with a piano bar on 7th with rooftop patio. Connect with both hotels, all glass facade with glass elevators and call it a day! 

• Like 1

The Garth Brooks honky tonk at 411 Broadway (3 stories, 40,000 sq. ft.)  is confirmed in a new partnership with Strategic Hospitality (the former owners of the site).

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/04/05/garth-brooks-announces-lower-broadway-concept.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

• Like 4

^^^Most of the people that are on urban planet aren't country music fans but a good percentage of the USA love it.   For a mid-size city like Nashville the big investments being made are rare outside New York or Las Vegas.   The celebrity honky tonks are printing money and we get big tax money and jobs to boot!

• Like 3