Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Modera Germantown (5 stories, 800 units, internal garage) update: topped-out in eastern section, up to 3rd level in western quadrant. 

Looking north from northern driveway of The Griff, 1/2 block east of Adams St:

Modera Germantown, April 30, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Adams St., 1/2 block north of Van Buren St:

Modera Germantown, April 30, 2022, 2.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, titanhog said:

Will definitely look different if they go all dark grey.

ubs grey.jpg

I'm not sure I like a dark grey version like this--if that's what they do. It removes the timeless tower aesthetic, and makes it look cheaper, in my opinion. Let's hope they don't go this drastic and keep it this color. :o 

• Like 3

127 3rd Ave. North (4th floor added to 3 story  1920 era structure) update.  New Layer Cake Social Kitchen complex with 4 floors of various menus.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/industries/2022/04/29/layer-cake-cherry-lounge-open-downtown-nashville-summer/7397212001/

Looking north from 3rd Ave. South at Symphony Place:

127 3rd Ave South, May 1, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Symphony Place, 1/2 block east of 4th Ave. South:

127 3rd Ave South, May 1, 2022, 2.jpeg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Mosaic at 1020 Jefferson (4 stories, 25 units) update: excavation and grading complete.

Looking NW from Jefferson St., 1/2 block east of Warren St:

1300 Jefferson, April 30, 2022.jpeg

I drove past this the other week and was really confused as why this is being built up so far from the street. I understand that these are townhomes, but I find it odd that this type of thing gets approved, yet 801 struggles even when it actually improves walkability versus building a wall next to the sidewalk on an already pretty flat site. 

19 hours ago, Native said:

Today I noticed that the UBS Tower is getting a facelift.  Does anyone know if gray is the final color?

image.thumb.jpeg.9647510822c9334fc89f1549baead06b.jpeg

11 hours ago, titanhog said:

Will definitely look different if they go all dark grey.

ubs grey.jpg

Folks in my office have been speculating on how exactly they will move forwards with this. Painting over the concrete is a bad idea, even if it is a short term "improvement" to the building. 

Below is my post from 4/15/22 where they were clearly sampling colors. My personal belief is the area where the windows are will be the greenish gray color and the central area (where UBS is) will be one of the lighter colors. The lighter color could also be the vent/solid areas of the building. 

On 4/15/2022 at 3:45 PM, Bos2Nash said:

Noticed that there appears to be some color trials on the exterior of the building. Maybe new ownership is looking toward an exterior refresh??

0AA0C4EC-F2ED-4677-888D-CC50731FCE9C.thumb.jpeg.67ceeeaee47fdda297e3f154ead697e8.jpeg

Just for everyone's information, this building is outside the MDHA redevelopment districts, so they would not require any approvals on a facelift like the old Baker Donelson Building had to go through.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KV712 said:

@markhollinany update on when they plan to start the Hill Center development in Germantown? I know it says on signage that it's delivering in the 4th quarter of 2023.

Welcome to the forum, KV712!  The Hill Center developments tend to unfold slowly.  Haven't heard of any specific delays., but perhaps someone else on the board can enlighten us further. 

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I drove past this the other week and was really confused as why this is being built up so far from the street. I understand that these are townhomes, but I find it odd that this type of thing gets approved, yet 801 struggles even when it actually improves walkability versus building a wall next to the sidewalk on an already pretty flat site. 

The render didn't look like there was a grade difference with Jefferson. 

screen-shot-2021-07-26-at-112042-am_1200xx1228-691-95-0.png

screen-shot-2021-07-26-at-112305-am_750xx1317-741-105-0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1