Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Anyone know what's going on with the facade treatment at the UBS Tower downtown on Deadrick Street?  The east face looks to have some repairs or some cosmetic changes going on.  I believe that tower is a Perkins and Will product from 1970...actually quite beautiful in detail.  Really really hope they aren't painting the precast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CandyAisles said:

Anyone know what's going on with the facade treatment at the UBS Tower downtown on Deadrick Street?  The east face looks to have some repairs or some cosmetic changes going on.  I believe that tower is a Perkins and Will product from 1970...actually quite beautiful in detail.  Really really hope they aren't painting the precast.

If you flip to page 749 (previous from this one) there was some back-and-forth on it on Friday. 

I believe their intent to is to paint the whole building unfortunately.

55 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

You dense Memes - Imgflip

"STOP. PAINTING THINGS. THAT DON'T NEED. PAINTING!"

Why do people want to make things look worse? First it was the Apts on Church that Giarratana built some years back and now this-what's so great about a matte grey painted building sticking up  in the skyline? This totally escapes me....

• Sad 1

The .11 acre surface lot at 107 4th Ave. North (behind Dierks Bentley's Whiskey Row) has sold for $10.2 million, which works out to more that $2,129 per sq. ft./$100 million per acre. The new owner isTC Restaurant Group which owns Tequila Cowboy and Luigi's Pizza. in the Lower Broadway area.  No word on their plans, but one would expect they will build another restaurant/bar on the site. 

Brenda Sanderson and Ruble Sanderson — who own The Stage, Legends Corner, and Second Fiddle — paid $4.8 million for the property in 2012.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/parking-lot-near-broadway-sells-for-10-2m/article_d441b57c-d14d-11ec-bb9b-a391f42d5a99.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/05/11/tc-restaurant-group.html

107 4th Ave. North, May 11, 2022, site aerial.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 2.03.47 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, markhollin said:

810 Jefferson (4 stories, 34 units) update: complete.

Looking NW from Jefferson St., 1/2 block east of 9th Ave. North:

810 Jefferson, April 30, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of 9th Ave. North and Jefferson St:

810 Jefferson, April 30, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of Rev. Dr. Enoch Jones Blvd., and 9th Ave. North:

810 Jefferson, April 30, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking SW from Rev. Dr. Enoch Jones Blvd., 1/2 block east of 9th Ave. North:

810 Jefferson, April 30, 2022, 4.jpeg

Finally, but I think they are all STR? Hopefully I am wrong.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, markhollin said:

The .11 acre surface lot at 107 4th Ave. North (behind Dierks Bentley's Whiskey Row) has sold for $10.2 million, which works out to more that $2,129 per sq. ft./$100 million per acre. The new owner isTC Restaurant Group which owns Tequila Cowboy and Luigi's Pizza. in the Lower Broadway area.  No word on their plans, but one would expect they will build another restaurant/bar on the site. 

Brenda Sanderson and Ruble Sanderson — who own The Stage, Legends Corner, and Second Fiddle — paid $4.8 million for the property in 2012.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/parking-lot-near-broadway-sells-for-10-2m/article_d441b57c-d14d-11ec-bb9b-a391f42d5a99.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/05/11/tc-restaurant-group.html

107 4th Ave. North, May 11, 2022, site aerial.png

Seems like a lot to pay for erecting another lower Broad spot...???

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Seems like a lot to pay for erecting another lower Broad spot...???

Depending on who you ask. Spend $10 million on the site, spend another 10 to 15 million on a solid building. Lower Broadway environment would probably have that paid off in 5 to 10 years. lol

3 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Depending on who you ask. Spend $10 million on the site, spend another 10 to 15 million on a solid building. Lower Broadway environment would probably have that paid off in 5 to 10 years. lol

Indeed...probably even less.  A friend who is a beer distributor for much of Lower Broadway told me 5 years ago that the SMALL bars along the strip were grossing$7-$10 million per year, and the larger ones $25-$30 million annually.  Profit margins on alcohol are in the 90% range....so it's easy when doing the math to see what gold mines these establishments are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titanhog said:

^^So I’m assuming since this is getting closer to the RMH area, it may have height limits?

I would refer to all the discussion in the Modera SoBro Thread. But I will also quote the height discussion from there, here. This site is directly to the east of the blue outlined site and backs all the way from Division to Mulberry.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:53 AM, Bos2Nash said:

Not sure where you get that Division has special treatment. According to the currently adopted DTC base zoning would start at 8 stories and only Lafayette and Transitional Properties get special treatment.

image.thumb.png.54fb372faf10bf77b5ea8f5bf8c55cf2.png

image.thumb.png.38d4502c2fe9d0f6f552a206a90d33ed.png

Here is my height assessment quoted from above.

Lastly, looking through the Bonus Height program, this building (which has a base zoning of 8 stories) is allowed to gain 11 extra stories of Bonus Height (for 19 stories total) if they checked all the boxes. That may be difficult here as each category gives a max of 2 stories. The realistic categories I see them checking are LEED (+2 stories), Underground/lined parking (+2 stories) and public parking (+2 stories). Open Space and pervious surface could be plausible (which would be +4 total), but doubtful. I would think this developer will work through the Bonus Height program and then go for an overall height modification then to get up to around 20 stories as the is what Albion went up to. But I do not anticipate going above 20. That's completely speculation and who know what is actually gonna happen. They may come in and ask for 30 and get worked back to 20. But the large footprint of covering the whole site may be why the unit count is so high because they are looking to pack a ton of units into a shorter building(s).

This is the view from Parcel Viewer

image.png.82e3aa57502854c7616625cd2833d28e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2