Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

DeSano Pizza will be relocating from Midtown to the 1 story, 13,400 sq. ft., 1982 era structure at 10104th Ave. North, just north of Von Elrod's Beer Garden. They plan on a $1 million investment in converting the structure from office space into a restaurant, which will include a large patio area.  An ealry 2023 opening is planned. Their current location at 115 16th Ave. South is under contract to be sold.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/midtown-pizza-restaurant-to-move-to-north-capitol/article_0a6559c0-fee3-11ec-a4b4-1b9de39a7c4a.html

1010 4th Ave North, July 8, 2022, site.png

This is incredible news. Living in Germantown we are in a good pizza desert. Desanos is excellent. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, samsonh said:

Only issue with 312 is time for preparation. But I like it. I like that the three options are very distinct styles.

Time for preparation is kind of the thing at every restaurant nowadays. Just like standing in line at Kroger checkout is the norm. And having your flight cancelled. Hard to hold it against any individual restaurant

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VSRJ said:

And the time for preparation at 312 is generally limited to deep dish pizzas. True Chicagoans prefer thin crust.

Regardless, I'll never turn down Desano.

I dunno. 312 It's like 45 minutes for a thin crust. Hasn't changed since the day they opened.

Emmy squared is good but Detroit pizza is a bit on the heavy side. 

City house has excellent quality pizza but very limited on choices. 

Question.What happens to the windows on the side of the merchants building when this new building is built right next to it? I am assuming these side windows were added at some point and aren't original to the building. Does the new builder have to put brick or something nice where the windows look out to the new building wall, or is merchants responsible to take the windows out and lose them? Just curious if anyone knows. I'm sure this isn't  the first time this has come up. 405 Broadway, July 10, 2022.jpeg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, nightranger36 said:

Question.What happens to the windows on the side of the merchants building when this new building is built right next to it? I am assuming these side windows were added at some point and aren't original to the building. Does the new builder have to put brick or something nice where the windows look out to the new building wall, or is merchants responsible to take the windows out and lose them? Just curious if anyone knows. I'm sure this isn't  the first time this has come up. 405 Broadway, July 10, 2022.jpeg

Also…I always used the side entrance where the valet parking was and never even knew if there was a front entrance or not.  Now, that entrance is gone.  

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

200 Broadway/Chief's update: barriers are sticking far into the street to funnel foot traffic; fencing set out to edge of curb.  I'm thinking this might be due to some bricks potentially falling while they "blow out" the bricked-over arches on 2nd and 3rd floors.

Looking NW from intersection of Broadway and 2nd Ave. North:

200 Broadway, Chief, July 10, 2022.jpeg

This project received approval for their lane closure as the project would've been extremely difficult to construct without a closure. Because the new circulation is far enough out into the street it will not require overhead protection I guess. There is a temporary sidewalk inside those jersey barriers so the pedestrian circulation will continue to flow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

200 Broadway/Chief's update: barriers are sticking far into the street to funnel foot traffic; fencing set out to edge of curb.  I'm thinking this might be due to some bricks potentially falling while they "blow out" the bricked-over arches on 2nd and 3rd floors.

Looking NW from intersection of Broadway and 2nd Ave. North:

200 Broadway, Chief, July 10, 2022.jpeg

Forgive me if this has already been discussed…but any ideas on what will happen to the front facade in that old bricked-in area?  Will they try to go back to the original windows look?

Edited by titanhog