Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

12 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Image from a Nashville Post story on the project.

AC04B342-E53C-4CB6-AFA3-7DF0741CF2AE.jpeg

And a color rendering with controversial (and I think not approved) signage for the new business. 
From Nashville Post.

1511A67F-4D01-484A-B781-25807BC383B7.jpeg

The marquee sign was rejected by the city, correct. There are a number of reasons for it and as disappointing as it is, I completely understand them. 

17 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

The marquee sign was rejected by the city, correct. There are a number of reasons for it and as disappointing as it is, I completely understand them. 

Disappointing, indeed! (But they approved the Kid Rock Big **ass** bar sign?) We can’t have the class sign, but we can have the ASS sign!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Disappointing, indeed! (But they approved the Kid Rock Big **ass** bar sign?) We can’t have the class sign, but we can have the ASS sign!

There were specific items within the sign guidelines that were not complied with and some other external concerns. Unfortunately, signs like Kid Rocks (which I am sure the approving people didnt like) meet all requirements and are essentially "by-right"

Cladding may be an improvement over the existing hotel, but it is still terrible. Why the faux marble? And why aren't the panels modulated so that they at least break at the floor line or window? Its like they bought the material in the bargain bin and said just cut it in field to work. 

As mentioned earlier this month, 128 2nd Ave. North (3 stories, 42,520 sq. ft., circa 1900) sold to a partnership of Ardent Cos. and Jeffrey Welk for $28.5 million. Scott Werbel, managing director at Ardent, says they have an unnamed tenant that will fully occupy the space.  It is apparently a concept with multiple locations across the country.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/07/15/q-a-the-ardent-companies-lower-broadways-big-bu.html

128 2nd Ave North, July 15, 2022, site.png

• Like 4

Sprocket Rock bike tours has updated their plans for their property on the triangular lot at 535 Lafayette St. The existing structure will see a 535 sq. ft. addition that will feature a small gift shop, plus food & beverage options. There will be a courtyard, but no rooftop bar.

My guess is that this will be a fairly short-term situation, and they eventually sell the land to a deep-pocketed developer.  This land is too valuable for just this sort of usage. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/plan-altered-for-sprocket-rocket-site-in-sobro/article_83e9b54e-077a-11ed-ad25-6b07a860a286.html

Sprocket Rocket, July 19, 2022, render 1.png

Sprocket Rocket, July 19, 2022, render 2.png

Sprocket Rocket, July 19, 2022, render 3.png

Sprocket Rocket, July 19, 2022, render 4.png

Sprocket Rocket, July 19, 2022, render 5.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Sprocket Rocket, July 19, 2022, site map.png

• Like 3

Towne Nashville (5 stories, 329 units, internal garage) update: much of the exterior nearing completion.

Looking south from Rosa L. Parks Blvd., at overpass of I-40/65 inner belt:

Towne Nashville, July 16, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from intersection of Rosa L. Parks Blvd. and Garfield St:

Towne Nashville, July 16, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of Garfield St. and Nassau St:

Towne Nashville, July 16, 2022, 3.jpeg

• Like 3

On 7/19/2022 at 3:26 PM, markhollin said:

Sprocket Rock bike tours has updated their plans for their property on the triangular lot at 535 Lafayette St. The existing structure will see a 535 sq. ft. addition that will feature a small gift shop, plus food & beverage options. There will be a courtyard, but no rooftop bar.

My guess is that this will be a fairly short-term situation, and they eventually sell the land to a deep-pocketed developer.  This land is too valuable for just this sort of usage. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/plan-altered-for-sprocket-rocket-site-in-sobro/article_83e9b54e-077a-11ed-ad25-6b07a860a286.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Sprocket Rocket, July 19, 2022, site map.png

Not really. They see they're in the next hip hangout area. They see the potential.  They're right next door to Heavens Door, Recess, etc.

Edited by Argo

I am actually worried about the Heavens Door Facility. That one seems to have hit a snag of some sort. I am really worried one of the vagrants will get inside and start a fire. Most of the guys that sleep next to the building are OK as I have talked to a number of them. One of the guys moved from the building that was demoed for Recess to the sidewalk. There are a couple of bad actors in the group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1