Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 7/28/2022 at 5:41 AM, markhollin said:

4th & Monroe Townhomes (3 stories, 6 units) update.

Looking SE from 4th Ave. North, 1/4 block south of Monroe St:

4th & Monroe Townhomes, July 16, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from Monroe St., 1/2 block east of 4th Ave. North:

4th & Monroe Townhomes, July 16, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Monroe St., 1/2 block east of 4th Ave. North:

4th & Monroe Townhomes, July 16, 2022, 3.jpeg

This whole project looks sub-par. Not quite as bad as what went on the lazarollis site, but close. I don't understand how quality is actually decreasing compared to the luxus and gramercy. 

• Like 4

On 7/30/2022 at 9:59 PM, Brit_in_Gtown said:

This whole project looks sub-par. Not quite as bad as what went on the lazarollis site, but close. I don't understand how quality is actually decreasing compared to the luxus and gramercy. 

Builder driven instead of architect driven. I call it the HGTV affect

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 12:38 PM, CandyAisles said:

But a major point of modernist structures is to detach from stylistic decisions.  The "sandstone" is exposed aggregate precast concrete.   The color is honest to what it is.  As soon as you decide to paint it, you are now beholden to paint it again in 10 years...and again 10 years after that...and so on.  Not just for trendy updates, but also for maintenance.   I think of it as being wasteful.

No doubt it's wasteful. And sandstone may be honest to what it is, but that is is not attractive on a tall building. IMHO.

For any who may not know, JesseLee Jones is the owner of Robert’s Western World, and as a musician is the founder of the group, Brazilbilly. (He was nicknamed the Brazilian Hillbilly when he moved to Nashville.) I saw him perform at a charity fundraiser a number of years ago and found him to be blessed with talent and charm onstage. I’ve not seen him perform with his band.

• Like 3

The 21c Museum Hotel  (7 stories, 124 room at 221 2nd Ave. North, circa 1890) has sold for $59 million, which works out to $476,000 per room. RLJ Lodging Trust is the new owner and plans on retaining the name, etc. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/downtown-hotel-sells-for-59m/article_b9f55248-11b0-11ed-93a4-331610e39bd8.html

• Like 1

Random thought (hopefully in the right spot)...really hoping all three circle projects come through.  IMO, that five tower cluster will have a NY-lite impact on the profile of downtown.  I know we're waiting on utility/sewer work.  I'm just saying those are really integral projects.

I tend to look at downtown in quadrants.  Depending on orientation, you have Broadway and Rosa Parks as the X or Y axis.   For discussion, let's make RP the X and Broadway the Y.  As such, you have both height and massing in the northeast quadrant, decent height, and massing  in the southeast quadrant, proposed and u/c height and massing with NY and surrounding projects in the northwest quadrant, and no height of 400' or more and modest massing in the southwest quadrant.  With those lines, I realize that the Ritz project would technically fall into the southeast quadrant, Circle South would be on the line,  leaving 800 Lea as the only true add of height to the southwest quadrant.  Still, because of proximity, it just feels that all three would add a tremendous boost to that quadrant.  Most of it's activity is currently around 12th so the massing is happening quicker than height.  The circle projects would really help.  Just my thoughts.

image.thumb.png.ac14dca5b7b758d92672e47d522a0909.png

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Armacing said:

"Have you ever wanted to live in a low-rise wood-framed stucco building conveniently located between the railroad tracks and a homeless shelter??  Introducing:  The Nell, with easy proximity to the Greyhound Bus station!  All sight-lines are guaranteed to be obstructed by taller buildings within 10 years, so move in today and enjoy these views before they are gone!!!"

If we are being honest, these are all STR condos that are revenue streams, so the developer and ownership don't really have much skin in the game with those concerns haha.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, henburg said:

CZ005_02_S010_Exterior-Street_R03_02-cop

Hopefully this one turns out like the renderings and adds some of the texture and foliage to the facade. Details like these would go a long way to help elevate it from its cost-saving roots. On the left 

Even if not, it is far cry from the homeless hangout that existed.  Most of you may be unaware that there was a nasty tent city behind the old buildings and the railroad tracks there.  To the left of the old building  there was a shallow retaining wall where homeless men regularly slept or passed out.  The alley across from it was (and is still) a repository of cast off clothing and passed out drunks.  I do like the dark color scheme.  I wish Haven was painted that color; it might be less offensive to the eye.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 2

The gas & oil tanks are all part of the Colonial Pipeline which has been discussed before. That is the same reality for the tanks in the Nations. They are not going anywhere either. Those tanks probably hold Jet fuel going to BNA and who knows what else.

The pipeline runs along the river on the way to BNA, however I am unsure where it crossed the river.

• Like 1