Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

53 minutes ago, Nashvillechick said:

I know a number of educated well-off people who used to support Schermerhorn and loved going to the Ryman and other music venues, but rarely go downtown anymore.  I live within walking distance, so see  downtown up close on runs/bike rides.  Drunks and syringes aside, it’s ridiculously crowded, dirty, some areas smell, and the noise level can be offensive.  All valid reasons for not spending time and money going there. Sometimes it feels like I had a bad dream about  Nashville, then woke up and found that it was reality...  

Wow, crowded. So should we limit the number of people who can go downtown because the sweater tied over their back shemies think they're above other people?  Which people do the shemies want kept out?

Edited by Mr Gain
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Gain said:

Wow, crowded. So limit the number of people who can go downtown because of the sweater tied over their back shemies. This should be interesting. Which people should be kept out?

There's something very familiar about the sarcastic tone of your posts.  It reminds me of someone whose name I won't mention.  Could it be him again?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

In reality, it's possible everyone can be right. There needs to be just a touch of compromise by everyone on lower broad and it could be more fund and enjoyable for all those involved.

Like it or not this is what happens when the police are turned into a villain class and non-productives are turned into a protected class. It is what it is. 

Edited by Mr Gain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Mr Gain said:

Wow, crowded. So limit the number of people who can go downtown because the sweater tied over their back shemies think they're above other people? This should be interesting. Which people do the shemies want to be kept out?

Since you appear to have trouble sorting it out, I’ll remind you that this was in response to the Schermerhorn losing support. Much of that comes from the “sweater tied over their back” crowd. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

President of Nashville Symphony/Schermerhorn Center on problems in their neighborhood:

“We have people who have decided, for whatever reason, that they’d rather not subscribe any longer. They tell us, ‘We love the symphony, but I just can’t deal with it anymore.’ It’s not just the traffic or parking, but also the party atmosphere in the streets, the things you have to walk through to get in the building,” Valentine said. 

He finds syringes in the bushes outside the symphony and graffiti on the building, forcing him to increase his budget for maintenance. He often sees drinking and drug deals in the street.

“If we don’t get real change downtown, I think it’s going to have a long-term negative impact on the symphony. From a business perspective, it’s going to affect our ability to sell tickets down here; it’s going to affect our ability to attract rental client events when the orchestra is not using the hall. It’s already affecting the cost structure to maintain our facility and our property,” Valentine said. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/10/27/lower-broadway-alan-valentine-nashville-symphony.html

I have several friends who have been long time season ticket holders who  have told me they have cancelled their memberships because of the hassles with partiers and ridiculous noise levels that have grown exponentially in the last several years.

I have long thought they should have put the Schermerhorn on Church Street where the library is now and the library should relocate into the now (I  believe) vacant Customs House.

Then you could put the Musicians Hall of Fame where the Schermerhorn is now-makes more sense as  the Country Music Hall of fame is nearby and you are right across the street from Hall of Fame park.

• Confused 1

I wonder what the odds are that the shilling rag will have yet another one of these stories within the next few days. Which age, gender, or ethnic group will they conjure up to be frightened by the mean ole 2 wrists. My guess is they already have the one size fits all template for all three.

Edited by Mr Gain

Yes people do have the the right to drink and drug themselves to the ground, but they don’t have the right to do it in the pubic streets. What happens inside those bars , needs to stay inside those bars . In almost every municipality in America, public intoxication will land you at the police station . Our Public streets are not a playground for party hearty drunks. Keep it inside! And before I get responses from all you fans of adult beverages, I know you have that right to do whatever you want To Yourselves, but you don’t have the right to disturb the general public with the nonsense. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Yes people do have the the right to drink and drug themselves to the ground, but they don’t have the right to do it in the pubic streets. What happens inside those bars , needs to stay inside those bars . In almost every municipality in America, public intoxication will land you at the police station . Our Public streets are not a playground for party hearty drunks. Keep it inside! And before I get responses from all you fans of adult beverages, I know you have that right to do whatever you want To Yourselves, but you don’t have the right to disturb the general public with the nonsense. 

Okay.  Ban non owner occupied STRs then.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 6:58 AM, markhollin said:

President of Nashville Symphony/Schermerhorn Center on problems in their neighborhood:

“We have people who have decided, for whatever reason, that they’d rather not subscribe any longer. They tell us, ‘We love the symphony, but I just can’t deal with it anymore.’ It’s not just the traffic or parking, but also the party atmosphere in the streets, the things you have to walk through to get in the building,” Valentine said. 

He finds syringes in the bushes outside the symphony and graffiti on the building, forcing him to increase his budget for maintenance. He often sees drinking and drug deals in the street.

“If we don’t get real change downtown, I think it’s going to have a long-term negative impact on the symphony. From a business perspective, it’s going to affect our ability to sell tickets down here; it’s going to affect our ability to attract rental client events when the orchestra is not using the hall. It’s already affecting the cost structure to maintain our facility and our property,” Valentine said. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/10/27/lower-broadway-alan-valentine-nashville-symphony.html

I have several friends who have been long time season ticket holders who  have told me they have cancelled their memberships because of the hassles with partiers and ridiculous noise levels that have grown exponentially in the last several years.

The paywall is down from the story. If you click on the link you can see the whole story.

The story is hilarious. It looks like its made for people who can't think.

Why is this story titled: Lower Broadway: ‘We love the symphony, but I just can’t deal with it anymore’?

The symphony hall is located two streets down from Broadway.

This is either stupidity or an attempt to intentionally mislead readers.

Then there is the mention of graffiti and drug dealing that the guy says is occurring at the symphony hall. What does Broadway have to do with it? 

It seems as if they are targeting the tourism industry and they found another dupe. It looks like the dupe is angling to get another symphony hall built.

Edited by Mr Gain
  • Confused 1