Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

5 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

^^^agree, I’ve mentioned in the past that I felt it was just a matter of time. I really thought and hoped that they would just move across the street into the Paseo property. 
does anyone have any insight as to any plans in the works for this site?

The article states they are selling the land, I’m sure we will hear something soon enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I hope Arnold's can find a new spot somewhere else, because they truly are a local icon, and the culinary scene wouldn't be the same without them.  

I hope so too, I ate there for the first time recently with my realtor because I'm buying a condo downtown and I really enjoyed it.  He told me he's been having lunch there for ages and he's really going to miss it!  Hopefully markhollin's information about a new Arnold's opening in 2023 will really happen.

• Like 1

Capitol Hotel addition (5 stories, 29 new rooms) update: complete and open.  Was hoping they were going to renovate exterior of the entire property to match the addition (on the right), but other than replacing some windows, I think it is complete. 

Looking SE from intersection of Polk Ave. and Union St:

Capitol Hotel, Jan 1, 2023.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

The 1 acre site of the Greyhound Bus Station that was opened less than 12 years ago at 709 Rep. John Lewis Way South (5th Ave. South at Lafayette) has been purchased for $14.55 million by a trust related to Twenty Lake Holdings out of Connecticut.  Greyhound had bought the site in 2010 for $2 million when they had to relocate from their former site where the Music City Convention Center is currently located.  Twenty Lake has also purchased many other Greyhound Stations in other cities across the nation.  No word on plans for the property, or if Greyhound might be relocating their station somewhere else.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/downtown-greyhound-site-fetches-14-55m/article_b5952022-8c79-11ed-b920-7bee5c4cbcbc.html

Greyhound Station, Jan 5, 2023, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in purple at the center of the frame:

469252458_GreyhoundStationJan52023sitemap.png

Any word on if this could potentially become a development site? 

It would be great to see developers create some TOD’s around the station. Any intercity travel stations should be viewed as valuable, especially near the core, and greeted with an inviting urban landscape in order to foster growth. It does seem Lafayette is beginning to take off though!

• Like 3