Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 2/3/2023 at 8:36 AM, chc3 said:

Looks like that liquor store and mart will be razed. I’d love to get his liquor license and open up a place like Woodland Wine Merchant in Germantown.

I'm still salty about Woodland wine. I approached metro and the state about opening that same concept in the same building 3 years prior when I lived in east Nashville. Was shot down. We need a wine and liquor place that is nice and you don't feel like you may be part of a robbery situation. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brit_in_Gtown said:

I'm still salty about Woodland wine. I approached metro and the state about opening that same concept in the same building 3 years prior when I lived in east Nashville. Was shot down. We need a wine and liquor place that is nice and you don't feel like you may be part of a robbery situation. 

Dan, the co-founder of 312 Pizza, and I pursued this concept a few years ago and I even spoke with Will at Woodland about a consulting arrangement. At the time, there was a plan to put retail between Barista Parlor and City House and we spoke with the putative developer.

Here is the info for Black Swan. This is actually a very old proposal brought back from the dead. I think this is about two years old and is a repeat of wat they wanted to do before and never did.

Application Submittal 2/8/2023
MPC Agenda Date 3/23/2023
Administrative Approval  
Case # 2023DTC-011-001
Ordinance # Not applicable for this application type
Previous Ordinance #'s  
Associated Case #  
Associated Bond #  
Reviewer Hazel Ventura
Application Name SOBRO GUEST - 310 PEABODY STREET
Application Type Downtown Code (Final Site Plan)
Application Scope A request for final site plan approval to renovate existing structure with three story addition on property located at 310 Peabody Street, west of the corner of Almond Street and Peabody Street, zoned DTC (0.36 acres), requested by Barge Cauthen Associates, applicant; Peabody & Dakota Strategic Realty, LLC, owner.
Scanned Application View Scanned Application
Scanned Plans View Scanned Plan
Property Address / Location 310 PEABODY ST 37210

57 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The .5 acre surface lot site made up of 5 parcels at 1011-1015 2nd Ave. North  has been sold by an affiliate of Premier Parking for $5.8 million to Holladay Properties, a hotel developer.  With the purchase Holladay now owns the bulk of that block except of about .08 acre (that they plan to purchase by month's end), and another .4 acre along 3rd Ave. that H.G. Hill Realty owns and does not seem willing to sell. Nevertheless, this SE corner of Jefferson St. and 2nd Ave. North that Holladay now owns is a great spot to build a hotel (I wished for this  this 5 years ago). 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/ballpark-area-site-sells-for-5-8m/article_9c15dcee-a994-11ed-a3a2-17773c2d210f.html

1591086261_ScreenShot2023-02-13at7_54_03AM.png

Looking at their website their residential seems a better fit than their previous hotel work. 

• Like 2

The .4 acre, triangular lot at 93-95 Hermitage Ave. is up for sale at an undisclosed asking price. Donald and Mark Serkin bought the vacant. lot for $12,000 in 2000.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/rutledge-hill-property-hits-market/article_eea4d80a-abd0-11ed-98b2-23ae5a868687.html

252022667_ScreenShot2023-02-14at6_53_12AM.png

• Like 3

Bummer:  The Heaven's Door, Bob Dylan-centric bar, distillery, and art gallery project that was to include the historic former church at 410 Elm St. has been scrapped. This also includes the entertainment venue, called Recess, that was being planned at 425 4th Ave. South. Heaven's Door Spirits had paid a total of $11.4 million for the two adjoining sites in the past 5 years. They are now available for purchase at an undisclosed asking price.  Both sites should fetch a nice profit.  Hopefully whoever purchases will have plans that integrate the historic church structure (circa early 1900s).

More behind The Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/bob-dylan-themed-project-seemingly-scrapped/article_ecf1c49c-abde-11ed-8375-f3365afbf7a8.html

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1