smeagolsfree

N. Capitol/Germantown/Salemtown/Metro-Center/Elizabeth Park/HBV& Points North

Are there any plans to transform the westside of the riverfront north of downtown?  I love that development has finally reached all the way to the river, but let's be honest, it's in pretty rough shape.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 8:49 AM, markhollin said:

A large mixed-use development is planned for the south side of the T-intersection of Buena Vista Pike and West Trinity Lane in Bordeaux. It will feature 6 buildings with 224 apartments, 4 structures with 15 townhomes, and a 12,750 sq. ft. building for retail facing Buena Vista Pike.  The property covers  over 13 acres and faces the Cumberland River on the south.  No rendering yet, but there is a site diagram.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21021687/mixeduse-development-eyed-for-bordeaux

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 8.42.27 AM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the property in teal at center of the frame, listed as Polygon 231:

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 8.44.47 AM.png

I’ve been noticing that the property above in teal has had a lot of the trees and all the under growth cut. It was all mulched up a few months ago and now it’s all being scraped clean. Anyone know if something is actually going to happen on this site. I know the guy who bought the two  property’s has big plans ( hopes ) but is he actually going to develop something?

That is the Ewing site. He pulled a tree removal permit, but from what I can tell when I have driven by is that they are selectively cutting trees and making it look more park like than a clear cut for a major development. I will not believe a word out of this guys mouth until I see the first building built, and even then he would have to develop the rest of it and he is no spring chicken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The beautiful 1910-era 2 story brick building at 624 Jefferson St. at the gateway to Germantown is for sale at an undisclosed site that covers about.6 of an acre.  It was last purchased in 2013 for $1.1 million by Progressive Global Artist Agency.   Lance Bloom of Colliers International will handle marketing and sale of the property.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21046653/historic-germantown-building-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 11.16.33 AM.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, markhollin said:

The beautiful 1910-era 2 story brick building at 624 Jefferson St. at the gateway to Germantown is for sale at an undisclosed site that covers about.6 of an acre.  It was last purchased in 2013 for $1.1 million by Progressive Global Artist Agency.   Lance Bloom of Colliers International will handle marketing and sale of the property.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21046653/historic-germantown-building-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 11.16.33 AM.png

Any chance a developer will buy and demolish? 

1 minute ago, nashvylle said:

Any chance a developer will buy and demolish? 

I believe it is protected in the Germantown Historic District overlay.

• Thanks 3

First Tennessee Ballpark Restaurant/Retail Building (2 stories, 60,000 sq. ft.) update.  Fencing up, markers down, and trailer on site.

Looking SW from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and Jackson St:

Ballpark Retail Bldg, FEb 8, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking south from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and Jackson St:

Ballpark Retail Bldg, FEb 8, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking west from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and Jackson St:

Ballpark Retail Bldg, FEb 8, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

It already has sidewalks too. But... no one to use them.

Well, yeah, cuz there's nothing out there for large stretches.  Once you pass Jack's, Eastbound, there's nothing.

81 Van Buren (several 1 story restaurants) update.

Looking east from Cumberland River Greenway, 1/2 block south of Van Buren St:

91 Van Buren, Jan 27, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking north from Cumberland River Greenway, 1/2 block south of Van Buren St:

91 Van Buren, Jan 27, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

91 Van Buren, Jan 27, 2019, 1.jpg

Water Towers are becoming pretty cool now, for some reason. This one in the background, as well as the one in Wedgewood Houston are pretty symbolic of the neighborhoods. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

^ someone could have used a string line on that foundation wall.   LOL  

Makes you wonder what other parts of this building will be "good enough" instead of plumb straight.  Note to self: do not enter this building, ever.

• Haha 1

Well, it's ugly, but a concrete foundation does not have to be straight in order to be structurally sound. I'm sure it'll be covered up in short order and we'll have a Meetup there to celebrate (to @Mr_Bond's chagrin). ;)

1 hour ago, Vrtigo said:

Well, it's ugly, but a concrete foundation does not have to be straight in order to be structurally sound. I'm sure it'll be covered up in short order and we'll have a Meetup there to celebrate (to @Mr_Bond's chagrin). ;)

If the coffee is excellent, I'm there.  I'll do almost anything for a single origin coffee.