Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

An article from the NBJ Friday.

http://www.bizjourna...s-downtown.html

Now the big items are as follows:

Rob Lowe, senior managing director and a principal at commercial real estate firm Cassidy Turley, believes construction of a new office building in the Gulch will start by the end of this year.

Barry Smith, president of Eakin Partners Commercial Real Estate, which plans to develop a 450,000-square-foot building at the corner of 12th Avenue South and Demonbreun Street. Smith believes construction of a new building is 12 to 18 months away.

• Like 2

As far as the Rescue Mission goes, I do not see any option for them in the near future as far as their property goes. Someone could come in and offer them a mint for the property, but they will relocate somewhere else in the core. The argument is that without this service then you would have a lot more homeless in the DT area because of services like mass transit, the Room in the Inn, (which just recently built a building) who will not be going anywhere for a long time, and the Library and parks for them to linger in, as well as a few of the temp work agencies in the area. I did hear one suggestion that they relocate to various smaller facilities around town. I have no idea what the solution should be.

As far as the Keeble building I concur that someone will likely come in and demolish it. That is a dandy location for a new large hotel and would bring connectivity to the Gulch if done right. They could work the Keeble building into the design as it would make a great lobby, office, restaurant and bar. We will have to wait and see.

Well as far as CSX goes, I do not see it being a problem at all. Local government as well as State and Federal entities can get right of way over any tracks without much say from the RR's. Bridges are built all the time and I fail to see the concern with this issue.

The Pedestrian bridge will likely be close to the location in the below link at the point where Pine Street ends and close to the roundabout.

Too bad the Police Precinct will not go at the crner of 6th and KVB to wrap around the NES substation as it looks like there is a gap between the building and the corner.

Ok...makes more sense.  Read in this link.  The precinct is proposed for that very corner.  NOT the corner of 7th and KVB.  Presumably, the building would go in that gap I mentioned.

http://www.nashville.gov/News-Media/News-Article/ID/1188/Mayor-Dean-Proposes-New-Quarters-for-Central-Precinct-Downtown.aspx

You are correct. Was thinking 6th and posted 7th. Brain fart.

Also John (MTSU Bluraider) said he spoke to a foreman at the NCC parking garage site on 6th N and said they may be going ahead and doing a 20 to 25 story there. We will not know until it is announced if it happens.

Also stand by for some major news coming from the Post hopefully later today. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

You are correct. Was thinking 6th and posted 7th. Brain fart.

Also John (MTSU Bluraider) said he spoke to a foreman at the NCC parking garage site on 6th N and said they may be going ahead and doing a 20 to 25 story there. We will not know until it is announced if it happens.

Also stand by for some major news coming from the Post hopefully later today. Stay tuned.

You better not build us up like that and then throw something at us like the mayor did with his press conference a few weeks ago! :P

• Like 1

I hate to be the negative one this time around...but with the number of developers itching to build office towers in the core, I just can't see anyone just going ahead and "putting up" a 20-25 story spec building. The demand is simply not there right now. If a spec tower goes up, I would think it would almost have to be in The Gulch or maybe Midtown.

Who knows, though...the owner is out of Miami, right? Maybe that's just how they roll.

WW @ the Post dug this one up. The North Point Hospitality Group out of Atlanta recently purchased land from Bert Matthews and has plans for 2 projects on that site.

The first in phase 1 is a 225 room Residence Inn on the corner of 5th and KVB that will be between 12 and 15 stories and the second is a Spring Hill Suites to be in phase 2, that will sit atop a parking structure on down 5th that will be 15 to 18 stories tall. I cannot recall the number of rooms but it will be about half the number of the Residence Inn. It will also be on a very tight lot, so it will be a taller thinner building.

Construction is due to start on Phase 1 could be as early as August but by the end of the year.

Not all we need and want but will be a good addition.

Here is a link to their website

http://northpointhospitality.com/