Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Why don't YOU chill the heck out! I don't need to see a freakin render with "detail" to tell it isn't as nice as the original design! What the hell does it matter to you what I think anyways!?! That's my freakin opinion...get it?!

God forbid someone say's anything negative in this damn forum, or doesn't approve of something, or has a different opinion about something. If you do you, you pretty much get attacked!

It's comment's like yours that make me not even wanna post here for crying out loud!

If it bothers you that damn much that I think the original design is far better then some freaking condo tower with balconies and sh!t, then you got some kind of problem. I don't need to see any damn "details" to tell that it's just a typical/ordinary looking residentail tower, and that there's nothing special about it like the office tower design was other than it's 750 feet. I can get the gist of it by what is shown...

From now on just do me a favor and ignore my posts!

Ok, seems like someone is taking things a little TOO seriously here. 

I'm not attacking you, but apparently you perceive it as such. I'm just trying to make sense of it all because it's a scale model, no renderings or anything and while I think your opinion is misguided because saying it's a step back without much else to go off of is silly, to me that is. I respect your opinion but do I agree, obviously not. 

I'll leave it at that but tune down your language because basically going nuclear over this is comical, to me at least. Sorry if I stepped on your toes but I stand with my words and would say it directly in person the same as I do on here.  

All I want all of us to do is reserve overall judgement until hard renderings are released is what I've been getting at.

Edited by NashRugger

What's the other retail in Pine St? The Post had an article behind paywall that mentioned two new ones. Loft is the one but haven't seen mention of the other.

Burger Republic.  I use to eat at the one in Lennox Village about once a week.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I'll also be excited when Loft is done drilling/grinding/nailing/jack hammering right underneath my unit alllll day.

Why don't YOU chill the heck out! I don't need to see a freakin render with "detail" to tell it isn't as nice as the original design! What the hell does it matter to you what I think anyways!?! That's my freakin opinion...get it?!

God forbid someone say's anything negative in this damn forum, or doesn't approve of something, or has a different opinion about something. If you do you, you pretty much get attacked!

It's comment's like yours that make me not even wanna post here for crying out loud!

If it bothers you that damn much that I think the original design is far better then some freaking condo tower with balconies and sh!t, then you got some kind of problem. I don't need to see any damn "details" to tell that it's just a typical/ordinary looking residentail tower, and that there's nothing special about it like the office tower design was other than it's 750 feet. I can get the gist of it by what is shown...

From now on just do me a favor and ignore my posts!

50cwentlaughguf.gif

No need to take his comment that serious. It's just a forum about things made of concrete and steel. It will be ok.

Edited by satalac

Ok, seems like someone is taking things a little TOO seriously here. 

I'm not attacking you, but apparently you perceive it as such. I'm just trying to make sense of it all because it's a scale model, no renderings or anything and while I think your opinion is misguided because saying it's a step back without much else to go off of is silly, to me that is. I respect your opinion but do I agree, obviously not. 

I'll leave it at that but tune down your language because basically going nuclear over this is comical, to me at least. Sorry if I stepped on your toes but I stand with my words and would say it directly in person the same as I do on here.  

All I want all of us to do is reserve overall judgement until hard renderings are released is what I've been getting at.

Then maybe you should have just stated it that way and left it alone.

I really didn't think your little snide remark telling me to "calm down scarlet" was necessary first of all, then you follow that up by saying that I need to chill the hell out with my crap...like I'm just bashing the thing and ranting and raving about it. That's pretty much what pissed me off!

Maybe if you would have just stuck to your last sentence, there wouldn't have been a problem. But the fact you thought you needed to go the extra mile for whatever reason is where the problem lies.

but I stand with my words and would say it directly in person the same as I do on here

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I seriously doubt that... You might say it..........but not the same as you do on here...

Again, check the development map. I  have had in on the map for a month. Not to knock anyone for finding info, I just don't post everything I find. Good job uncovering John. The reason I don't post most of the time is I am forgetting to . Guess I am getting old. You may find a few other items on the map if you check it often enough.

I put this on the development map about a month ago. Anytime you want a surprise or two, look there.

I am new to Urban Planet, but been poking around for a few days.  Very cool.  Where is this development map you speak of?  I am thinking about building in Germantown.  How can I learn about all the benefits of the neighborhood?

I am new to Urban Planet, but been poking around for a few days.  Very cool.  Where is this development map you speak of?  I am thinking about building in Germantown.  How can I learn about all the benefits of the neighborhood?

welcome to the forum Rudy. The development map is pretty up to date. There are several groups doing work there right now. There are two apartment building under construction along with a number of infill projects that are build to sale. The Salemtown cottage development is one along with a few units at Luxus, but a number of those units have alredt been pre sold. The infill group has a number of lots under construction as well. Morgan Park place is also getting ready to add corner buildings in their development .

I expect there will be more apartments in Sounds project and along Jefferson and 3rd Ave, but at this time I expect it will be apartments only. Financing is just easier but that may change in the near future.

Again, welcome to the forum and looking forward to more post.

Is this the Westin group or were they just going to sell the Westin group some of the land?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131126/BUSINESS02/311260019?nclick_check=1

"A Texas-based real estate investment and development firm has abandoned plans for a mixed-used project on 7.2 acres across from the Music City Center, citing concerns about the risk of rising interest ratesicon1.png.

Terra Verde Group LLC confirmed the decision Monday as its contract to purchase the prime downtown property from the United Methodist Publishing House was about to expire."

Edited by Guest

Were this the Westin group or were they just going to sell the Westin group some of the land?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131126/BUSINESS02/311260019?nclick_check=1

"A Texas-based real estate investment and development firm has abandoned plans for a mixed-used project on 7.2 acres across from the Music City Center, citing concerns about the risk of rising interest ratesicon1.png.

Terra Verde Group LLC confirmed the decision Monday as its contract to purchase the prime downtown property from the United Methodist Publishing House was about to expire."

I'm not sure if this affects the Westin development or not, but it's certainly disappointing to hear.

Edited by mirydi

Wait...I'm confused. So what's this article about from a week or so ago?

Developers buy land near MCC for Westin

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131114/BUSINESS/311140090?nclick_check=1

The Developers mentioned in this article are the Fee Group, and their purchase is described thus:

"The group has already secured a Westin flag for what is expected to be a 30-story, 400-plus-room luxury hotel. The more than 30,000-square-foot site currently has the office building that houses Carpenter Wright Engineers at 304 Ninth Ave. S. and Bullock Smith & Partners architects at 300 Ninth Ave. S., plus the adjacent vacant building to the south at 312 Ninth Ave. S."  Those buildings all appear to be on 9th Ave South from Clark Street south toward Lea.

The article goes on to mention that Terra Verde has (had) a contract on the Cokesbury Bookstore and parking lot, and presumably the United Methodist Publishing House, and I believe that all of those are in the block north between Clark Pl and Demonbreun.  So those were separate deals, but I had inferred (always dangerous) that the combined deals were to go to the Westin project.

Perhaps the Fee group will purchase the sites that had been included in Terra Verde's contract?  Or find another partner?  The Fee Group apparently already has the land that is closer to the Roundabout, but does not control the land that is closer to Demonbreun.  It may be possible that the Westin could literally go on the Roundabout, but the the Methodist Publishing House site would remain undeveloped for a time since those sites are across the street from each other.

The Terra Verde group's failure to renew their contract would appear to be a setback, but not a cancellation of the Westin project just yet. 

Edited by bwithers1

I like both designs but am more partial to the mixed-use, mostly because of the massing but either would work.

Now, as for the Terra Verde deal falling out, citing rising interest rates as their reasoning? I'm sorry, I smell something rotten if that's their sole reason. Plus, what is really their track record in urban developments of a large scale, besides CityPlace in Dallas, which they bought from a bankruptcy, none really. 

I like both designs but am more partial to the mixed-use, mostly because of the massing but either would work.

Now, as for the Terra Verde deal falling out, citing rising interest rates as their reasoning? I'm sorry, I smell something rotten if that's their sole reason. Plus, what is really their track record in urban developments of a large scale, besides CityPlace in Dallas, which they bought from a bankruptcy, none really. 

What kind of 'something rotten' are you referring to here?  Just that they couldn't get their act together for some internal reason and blamed the interest rates or that there may be a problem with the sale/property/market, etc. that we don't know about yet?

Both of the new designs for 505 are great, and if it increases the chances of something being built, I'm all for it. 

On the other hand, the Terra Verde news is very perplexing. Does this mean that the 30-story Westin is scrapped? It just seems really abrupt. 

Edited by henburg

Honestly, I am getting kind of tired of this crap.

I didn't realize that the 1232842344 design of "505" had a hotel and conference center...

Giarratana’s most recent plans had called for the office tower 505 CST to feature a five-star hotel and conference center.

Nor did I realize that the max height was now at 750 instead of the 1000 Siggy design...

Chicago-based Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture presented two alternate designs last week at the Nashville Civic Design Center’s urban design forum. Both buildings are 750 feet tall — the maximum height the Federal Aviation Administration approved in July for that site.

Thought this was an interesting quote.

“I’m leaning toward one of the two most recent options,” said Giarratana, who asked the architects for the alternate designs. “The mixed-used tower would require a significant corporate lease, while the residential-only tower could proceed without the need for that lease.”

Along with this quote.

The project that developer Tony Giarratana plans for the prime downtown site at Fifth Avenue North and Church Street is now more likely to have a residential component.

The first alternate design is a mixed-use tower with corporate office space in the middle and residential at the top, with parking and street-level retail at the base. The second is an all-residential tower, with parking and street-level retail at the base.

505_redesign_1.jpg

505_redesign_2.jpg