Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

That article also confirms there will be more retail square footage on the 11th Ave side. I think everyone assumed it would have retail but I don't recall seeing any numbers. 16,000 sq feet should do a pretty good job activating 11th Ave. I also don't seem to recall that Cassidy Turley would be relocating from Maryland Farms. Having a commercial real estate group relocate to the core from the suburbs seems appropriate and, in my opinion, is another sign that real estate development in Nashville is hotter than in the suburbs. For a couple decades we saw businesses leaving Nashville to go to places like Cool Springs and Maryland Farms. The tide seems to have shifted and companies are returning to the city. Southern Land is also coming into Nashville when they relocate their headquarters to Green Hills once their tower is complete.

If they Fly Form this building, it is going to go up fast and by the shape of the building in the published rendering, I bet it will be fly forming. This building could be topped out in less than a year.

Just curious, do you know why all buildings aren't built using fly forming? Time is money, and if all buildings could go up as quickly as the Hensler building on 12th then it seems they would. Edited by Hey_Hey

That article also confirms there will be more retail square footage on the 11th Ave side. I think everyone assumed it would have retail but I don't recall seeing any numbers. 16,000 sq feet should do a pretty good job activating 11th Ave. I also don't seem to recall that Cassidy Turley would be relocating from Maryland Farms. Having a commercial real estate group relocate to the core from the suburbs seems appropriate and, in my opinion, is another sign that real estate development in Nashville is hotter than in the suburbs. For a couple decades we saw businesses leaving Nashville to go to places like Cool Springs and Maryland Farms. The tide seems to have shifted and companies are returning to the city. Southern Land is also coming into Nashville when they relocate their headquarters to Green Hills once their tower is complete.

Just curious, do you know why all buildings aren't built using fly forming? Time is money, and if all buildings could go up as quickly as the Hensler building on 12th then it seems they would.

Scheduling needs are most likely the main decision. Others may include MONEY (fly forms aren't cheap), and safety expectations (some designers trust them, some don't).

does anyone have any updates on this announcement from a few months ago? The area right now is just vacant parking lots and although the majority of us were disappointed that a full service hotel wasn't proposed here, I think two limited service hotels here would be great.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130117/BUSINESS02/301170039/2-Marriott-hotels-share-site-near-Music-City-Center

construction on the first hotel was supposed to begin by year end, but we haven't really heard anything since.

does anyone have any updates on this announcement from a few months ago? The area right now is just vacant parking lots and although the majority of us were disappointed that a full service hotel wasn't proposed here, I think two limited service hotels here would be great.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130117/BUSINESS02/301170039/2-Marriott-hotels-share-site-near-Music-City-Center

construction on the first hotel was supposed to begin by year end, but we haven't really heard anything since.

Great on new hotels ! But I dont want to see Sobro develop in a bunch of suburb level Inn's ,hotels , like to see more Rental, entertainment, and highrise development

Great on new hotels ! But I dont want to see Sobro develop in a bunch of suburb level Inn's ,hotels , like to see more Rental, entertainment, and highrise development

Sorry, retail

Here is an example of what Northpoint recently opened in Midtown Atlanta. It appears to be of a similar scale and size to what they specified for Nashville.

DualbrandedhotelonKVB_zps822cbe3d.jpg

If something close to that were built here, it would have an impressive massing and presence on KVB. It's not exactly a Trump Tower, but I'll take it. Sure beats out the Hilton Garden Inn a block away and the police precinct.

There may be an update in the new year. William has contacted them and there is no update just yet, but things are in the works. These projects rarely start when they say they will.

Here is an example of what Northpoint recently opened in Midtown Atlanta. It appears to be of a similar scale and size to what they specified for Nashville.

DualbrandedhotelonKVB_zps822cbe3d.jpg

If something close to that were built here, it would have an impressive massing and presence on KVB. It's not exactly a Trump Tower, but I'll take it. Sure beats out the Hilton Garden Inn a block away and the police precinct.

I do like that , if it looks similar hopefully