Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I think Sobro will fill in nicely, however I don't want the rest of downtown forgotten. The area west of 7th Avenue is marred with acres of surface parking lots and dead space. With the Federal Courthouse in delays, and the Hotel Tulane site, the Hathcock Building site, the Genesco Building site all being surface parking lots, and no proposals to the contrary, it seems this area of downtown is going to be dead for years while Sobro flourishes. As soon as one are flourishes, one dies, and that is just a fact of life in a city the size of Nashville.

I think Sobro will fill in nicely, however I don't want the rest of downtown forgotten. The area west of 7th Avenue is marred with acres of surface parking lots and dead space. With the Federal Courthouse in delays, and the Hotel Tulane site, the Hathcock Building site, the Genesco Building site all being surface parking lots, and no proposals to the contrary, it seems this area of downtown is going to be dead for years while Sobro flourishes. As soon as one are flourishes, one dies, and that is just a fact of life in a city the size of Nashville.

Well maybe not , with the move of HCA to Charlotte Avenue , and the sounds development north of the capital, it seens all sides of the core of downtown is getting attention,

Just need alot of infill development

Well maybe not , with the move of HCA to Charlotte Avenue , and the sounds development north of the capital, it seens all sides of the core of downtown is getting attention,

Just need alot of infill development

True Chris, but the area around the Renaissance Hotel has been blighted for decades and is in desperate need of attention. Would like to see you at a forum meet again soon!

Seems that Tony is constantly moving his chess pieces around the board, buying time and trying to make something happen.

Crazy how much speculative money is spent while waiting on financing on all of these projects.

• Like 1

Come on, you can tell us where you work, that is if people don't already know!

I would bet this is a poured concrete structure like the Hensler building since there is a garage underneath it.  You don't want much deflection at all in a garage.  Concrete is still cheap these days in middle TN, too.

There is still a lot of stick frame happening though. The 7 story on The Roundabout, and all three apartment buildings going up in East Nashville are stick. There is a fourth being announced early this next year, and it will be stick as well.

There is still a lot of stick frame happening though. The 7 story on The Roundabout, and all three apartment buildings going up in East Nashville are stick. There is a fourth being announced early this next year, and it will be stick as well.

Add to that the 2 apartment buildings on 8th (Melrose and the other one) and the Werthan flats.  Stick seems to be pretty much the rule for apartment construction, at least anything under 7-8 stories.  

Does anyone know if the Weston group's purchase includes the UMPH building on the corner of Demonbruen and 8th? It sounds like they're only purchasing the brick buidling next door.

I read it as they just bought the bits they originally arranged to buy from Terre Verde which was just the smaller building and parking lot.