smeagolsfree

N. Capitol/Germantown/Salemtown/Metro-Center/Elizabeth Park/HBV& Points North

Recommended Posts

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 1.09.55 PM.png

The location is the teal square in the center of this screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Nashville Development Map:

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 1.08.19 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Sadly unimpressive. Hope the end product is better than the rendering.

Yep.   All I see at the street level are walls and barriers.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean its in a very random place tucked right on the river in not really a highly trafficked pedestrian area. the pedestrian activity of this one doesn't really bother me. i'm more concerned w who the heck would even want to live right there and who would rent a retail space right there either. isn't that right in the flood plain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some shots of the ongoing progress at the Criminal Justice Center on James Robertson Pkwy, from the 10th floor of the Parkway Towers. Lots of workers busy on it, and the people here say that they’ve been working like men on fire since they started. 

E38DF675-2574-4B4B-BC2D-F68B386006BE.jpeg

2B880FBD-896E-426E-BEB7-B3689022E100.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Some shots of the ongoing progress at the Criminal Justice Center on James Robertson Pkwy, from the 10th floor of the Parkway Towers. Lots of workers busy on it, and the people here say that they’ve been working like men on fire since they started. 

They had the whole site lit up last night with dozens of workers until at least 1:30 am.  From my window it looks like they're working around the clock.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

They had the whole site lit up last night with dozens of workers until at least 1:30 am.  From my window it looks like they're working around the clock.

Wow, that’s crazy. I wonder what the rush is about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been too cold lately for some of this work. Not sure if it’s been too cold for laying concrete, but with this warmer weather it could be catching up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, samsonh said:

It’s been too cold lately for some of this work. Not sure if it’s been too cold for laying concrete, but with this warmer weather it could be catching up.

That would make sense. They poured a whole floor overnight and have already set up scaffolds to pour the last floor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky @ Fern (2 and 3 stories, 31 townhomes) update. First building topped out.

Looking SW from corner of Fern Ave. and Brick Church Pike:

Sky @ Fern, Jan 1, 2018.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

915 Monroe (3 stories, 17 townhomes) update. Foundational work underway.

Looking SW from Monroe St. just west of 9th Ave. North:

915 Monroe Townhomes, Jan 1, 2018.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering about Germantown (specifically) and all of the older parts of the city that are now (sorry if you dislike the word) gentrifying: I know there are old houses and that photo shows a great old Queen Anne style in the background. Keeping in mind that Caden and others have sold new townhouse for high 6-figures and even a million dollars. So what, if anything, exists to prevent the destruction of houses like that from being destroyed to be replaced by a flat-roofed modern (or worse) row of townhouses?  Germantown has benefited thus far from careful conscientious owner-renovators and replacement of lots of industrial buildings. What zoning guidelines exist to keep the character of the neighborhood? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Wondering about Germantown (specifically) and all of the older parts of the city that are now (sorry if you dislike the word) gentrifying: I know there are old houses and that photo shows a great old Queen Anne style in the background. Keeping in mind that Caden and others have sold new townhouse for high 6-figures and even a million dollars. So what, if anything, exists to prevent the destruction of houses like that from being destroyed to be replaced by a flat-roofed modern (or worse) row of townhouses?  Germantown has benefited thus far from careful conscientious owner-renovators and replacement of lots of industrial buildings. What zoning guidelines exist to keep the character of the neighborhood? 

Germantown has a historic zoning overlay and Salemtown has a conservation zoning overlay.     

The property in the picture at Monroe and 9th is not in the Germantown historic zoning, its border stops at Rosa Parks.   

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The collapsed/burned out 1 story brick warehouse structure that was on a portion of the land for the proposed Stockyard Apartments (2 buildings, 7 and 6 stories, 310 units, plus former Stockyards Restaurant building) has been cleared, and fencing is up on part of the property. 

Looking SE from corner of 3rd Ave. North and Stockyard Street, with Tenn. Education Assoc. Building in background:

 

Stockyards site demo, Jan 12, 2018.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ ^ ^ The project is one of my favorites for all of North Capitol/Germantown area if it ever gets off the ground.  Was put on hold about a year ago by Spectrum Emery & Llewellyn Development.

Stockyard render Oct. 2015, 1.jpg

Stockyard Render Oct. 2015, 2.JPG

 

Here is the layout. 2nd Ave. North at top (East) and3rd Ave. North at bottom (West).

Stockyard Apts. layout.png

 

This screenshot from Smeogolsfree's excellent development map show the site in teal in center, just half a block SE of First Tennessee Ballpark.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.58.41 AM.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hammer Mill (6 stories, 259 units, restaurants) update.  Up to 4th floor in sections of the residential portion now.

Looking NE from intersection of Monroe and Taylor:

Hammer Mill, Jan 12, 2018, 1.jpg

Hammer Mill, Jan 12, 2018, 2.jpg

Hammer Mill, Jan 12, 2018, 3.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Atlas (5 stories, 95 units, formerly 3rd & Madison/Madison Grove) update. Windows installed, trim/cladding now going on.

Looking NE from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and Madison St:

Atlas, Jan 12, 2018, 1.jpg


Looking NW from intersection of 2nd Ave. North and Madison St:

Atlas, Jan 12, 2018, 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An 8,000 sq. ft. 2 story mixed-use building is being eyed for a Germantown site at 1418 and 1420 Third Ave. at the southeast corner of the intersection of Third and Van Buren Street near neighborhood restaurant and bar Butchertown Hall. Across Third sits the recently opened apartment building Peyton Stakes. Nearby is Morgan Park. It would front Third with a 27-space surface parking lot (accessed via Van Buren) sited behind it.No structures would need razing to accommodate the proposed building.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20989470/germantown-could-land-small-mixedused-building
 

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 4.33.37 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.