smeagolsfree

N. Capitol/Germantown/Salemtown/Metro-Center/Elizabeth Park/HBV& Points North

Nationally noted Atlanta-based restaurateur Ford Fry will open in late summer Sea Wolf in Germantown.

Sea Wolf will focus primarily on seafood. It will share a roof with Star Rover, a live music listening room for local acts with taqueria-style snacks and cocktails, and Le Loup, a French-esque space that a release describes as a “dimly lit and over-the-top cocktail lounge.”

The restaurant will be part of the Hammer Mill development located near the Cumberland River. It will operate from a former warehouse (pictured at the left in the image below) fronting a segment of Adams Street that is undergoing an infrastructure update. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20992213/noted-atlanta-chef-eyes-restaurant-for-germantown

https://www.nashvillescene.com/food-drink/bites/article/20992128/chef-ford-fry-announces-details-of-three-upcoming-germantown-projects

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.14.43 PM.png

• Like 1

Hopefully this development addresses the river with some outdoor seating.  I've never seen a city completely ignore a river through downtown like Nashville has.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, japan said:

Hopefully this development addresses the river with some outdoor seating.  I've never seen a city completely ignore a river through downtown like Nashville has.

Absolutely!

8 hours ago, japan said:

I couldn't agree more.  I hope that in the future Nashville reintroduces itself to the river that helped to build it.  It should be much more than just a highway for the occasional barge.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I couldn't agree more.  I hope that in the future Nashville reintroduces itself to the river that helped to build it.  It should be much more than just a highway for the occasional barge.  

I'm amazed at home many areas of the city just have shrubbery and trees by the river, with no attempted development. I understand some have a steep grade, or are limited access due to the railroad, also, it may not be cost effective to build something in an area thats flood-prone or technically with a "dangerous current" but I envision sturdy stone steps leading down to the water in steep areas, like the whole city of Paris has around the Seine, with the river lined in wide walkways.

river.png

river2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I jog down the greenway along the river all the time and i've always wondered what that little old dilapidated building is in the first picture- right to the left of where it says riverfront park in green. anyone know? i always thing it could be cleaned up and rehabbed. 

• Like 1

I jog down the greenway along the river all the time and i've always wondered what that little old dilapidated building is in the first picture- right to the left of where it says riverfront park in green. anyone know? i always thing it could be cleaned up and rehabbed. 
I have been inside all the way to the bottom. It's in bad shape. Not sure what it used to be but it was owned by the TVA until it was sold to Nashville in 1964.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MDHA's 10th & Jefferson apartments are now complete and filling residents in Hope Gardens.

The three-story building has 54 studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom units, with most being slotted as affordable units carrying an income-restricted component.

10th and Jefferson, Feb 16, 2018.png

• Like 3

Hampton Inn Skyline (7 stories, 126 rooms) update.  Moving dirt.

Looking NW from Doverside Dr., 1/2 block east of Dickerson Pike:

Hampton Inn skyline, Feb 10, 2018.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting....as I was on my rounds yesterday, I saw a crew core drilling on the large State Employee parking lot that is bordered by Rosa Parks Blvd, 10th Circle North, and Gay Street.  I asked one of the guys what they were working on, and he stated he would get fired if he were to tell anyone.    Hmmmmmm.  

Looking NE from Gay Street, 1/2 block west of Rosa Parks Blvd.

State Lot at JRP & Rosa Parks Blvd core drilling, Feb 24, 2018.jpg

The equipment was just to the south of the State Employee Parking Lot 15 marker on this screen shot.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 9.07.35 AM.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I passed by this yesterday and haven't seen it mentioned here yet. Vista at White's Creek is a development of single family homes just off of Briley Parkway on White's Creek Pike, opposite the UPS expansion. It seems pretty well underway at this point with at least 50 homes built and it looks like they're planning many more. IMG_2179.thumb.jpg.9444d22ce1e27c38a3e9ee15ed811a7d.jpg

IMG_2174.thumb.jpg.b591f5a1658b683b2f24a4eb3493bbcf.jpgIMG_2178.thumb.jpg.75992c3538128dc47a9f07f94598d0b0.jpgIMG_2172.thumb.jpg.041c9e0074527b803836e1ad2f1f2d52.jpg

Edited by fishsticks176
This is the closest thread I could find for this. Does a White's Creek/NW area thread exist?
  • Like 1

That started about 3 or 4 years ago with all the utility work and they started building I think about 2 years ago. I pass it everyday and they’ve built a lot of houses in the last year. There’s something else being built across the street from ups and the rock quarry but don’t know what it is and wondered if any one had a clue. I had heard another ups facility but not sure if that was true or not.

Some demo occurring  on portion of the Werthan Shed that is being converted into office space.

Looking NW from Taylor St. near intersection with 6th Ave. North:

Werthan Warehouse shed offices, Feb 24, 2018.jpg

• Like 3

7th & Garfield (3 stories, 6 units) update. Brickwork nearly complete, windows installed.

Looking SW from intersection of 7th Ave. North and Garfield St:

7th & Garfield, Feb 24, 2018.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, markhollin said:

Interesting....as I was on my rounds yesterday, I saw a crew core drilling on the large State Employee parking lot that is bordered by Rosa Parks Blvd, 10th Circle North, and Gay Street.  I asked one of the guys what they were working on, and he stated he would get fired if he were to tell anyone.    Hmmmmmm.  

Looking NE from Gay Street, 1/2 block west of Rosa Parks Blvd.

State Lot at JRP & Rosa Parks Blvd core drilling, Feb 24, 2018.jpg

The equipment was just to the south of the State Employee Parking Lot 15 marker on this screen shot.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 9.07.35 AM.png

This was for a retaining wall. nothing major.

• Like 1

Some fencing is up where some old homes/garages were razed a while back on this lot near the NE corner of Rosa Parks Blvd. and Garfield St. in Germantown:

Rosa Parks Blvd & Garfield, Feb 24, 2018.jpg

• Like 1

Hammer Mill (6 and 5 stories, 259 units, 3 restaurants) update.

Looking NE from intersection of Taylor and Adams:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking north from intersection of Taylor and Adams:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking north from riverfront:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking east from Taylor Street 1/2 block east of  Cumberland River Greenway:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking Se from intersection of Van Buren and Adams:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 5.jpg

• Like 2

915 Monroe (3 stories, 17 townhomes) update.

Looking SW from intersection of Monroe and 9th Ave. North:

915 Monroe, Feb 24, 2018.jpg

• Like 2

Progress on 85 Van Buren complex (restaurants, health club). Some digging underway.

Looking east from intersection of Van Buren and Cumberland River Greenway:

85 Van Buren, Feb 24, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking south from intersection of Van Buren and Cumberland River Greenway:

85 Van Buren, Feb 24, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm glad this project is on the boards, and at least they're being specific about pushing back the start; but I have to wonder couldn't they have worked in some curves into this building? Just sooo blocky.