Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

This is the former location of our car dealership (pre 1963). Surprised Nelson didn't buy it. I had heard from one of the agents that a restaurant was going on the property.

From the Tennessean this am;

The location as best I can determine;

12ampBroad_zps56973af1.jpg

A short walk from the 12/12 and the rest of the Gulch. Maybe the Gulch vibe will spill over more into this part of town.

Okay Thanks! It appears the lot that used to have the gas station may finally get built on soon. There was a mixed use project slated to go there a few years ago. Hopefully with the new hotel it will be sooner than later.

Apartments and retail is what I've been told. If you google nextgen gulch there are some renders but they seem to predate the apartments.

Was there ever any question of Nelson staying? I think the only reason he was leasing is his divorce wasn't final. Guess that's done.

Our number one AMP opponent( English Only's largest contributor(?)) is there for the duration. Reed property is ripe, although the Palmer stall is a set back.

Posted Today, 05:50 PM

With them deciding to stay, then we are not likely to see the other two dealerships going anywhere soon. That is Beaman and Suburu.

As for a park in the gulch. I feel the gulch should be stacked and packed with wall to wall development so when you bike, drive, and walk over any of the bridges it gives one the canyon effect. If the freeway is covered one day that would make for a great park. But for now the future riverfront park will be the best green space within bike/walk distance. With a short hop over the railroad yard down KVB and boom the river. 4 min. by bike and a 10 min. walk.

• Like 1

Here's the plan showing the extended gulch greenway, and a park fronting Division St.

http://thegulchinnashville.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/VDowntown4Gulches.pdf

Amazing. You guys can find anything!

I had never seen that proposed swath of green space on Division at 9th. There are like 5 buildings there now, aren't there? I think mostly warehouse type spaces. Could be cool to have a small park corridor in that location. Land costs may be putting that notion out of reach, though.

How are drunk folks expected to drive down the sidewalk with streetlights in the way ? :whistling:

Good question.  More importantly, how are drunk people supposed to safely drive through someone's living room if they are in there sitting on their couch?  Completely inconsiderate! 

Hey, that should be quite nice... it fits in with its surroundings, and the best thing: it fills another surface lot.  Cannot read article, will it have u/g parking?   Would be great if the owners of the lot at Church and Market (First Avenue) would be inspired by this.  No doubt, the parking revenues must be very high. Don't know for sure but it seems they could double the amount of parking with several levels of u/g or a/g parking.

Edited by MLBrumby

Same person. Michael Hayes w CB Ragland is doing the development. He does understand the impact of quality development. Onne quote from him back when he bought the First Ave properties he owns is that he was waiting on Metro to decide whatthe were going to do with the Thermal site. The owner of the lot this is going on is the Mayes family I believe.

“We will begin the master planning process for our parcels as
soon as we know what will happen to the Thermal site,” said
Hayes, who lives in The Cumberland downtown.

That was from 2004.

Here is the website:

http://www.cbragland.com/

• Like 1

A new mixed use infill project slated for 2nd Ave. No tenant yet and should start by mid year.

G8UWGSU.jpg

YES! Yes! A thousand times yes!!! More of this please!!! As odd as it might sound, stuff like this makes me just as excited as projects like Sheet Music. I wish we could get more stuff like this! Its not that difficult to simply copy the style that worked before. Although whatever was there before the parking lot can probably never be fully recreated, I feel like with projects like this, even though its brand new construction, we can, in some small way, reclaim a small sliver of history. Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

The Nashville's entertainment district is blowing up. We haven't even touched the riverfront buildings yet. Look at Savannah, it's riverfront is the main entertainment district. I really think that the riverfront park will be that place where city dwellers hang out alot. Expect new development on 1st ave. soon after the park is completed. I know I sound HIGH, but I just don't see a brake on Nashville development inside the freeway circle. 

• Like 1

Exciting news!  Small infill buildings like this add so much to the feel of the street.  The entertainment district is expanding in every direction.  I agree that it would be awesome if the family of Monroe Carell would take notice and decide to sell or develop the lots at 2nd & Church and 3rd & Church.  

• Like 1

The Nashville's entertainment district is blowing up. We haven't even touched the riverfront buildings yet. Look at Savannah, it's riverfront is the main entertainment district. I really think that the riverfront park will be that place where city dwellers hang out alot. Expect new development on 1st ave. soon after the park is completed. I know I sound HIGH, but I just don't see a brake on Nashville development inside the freeway circle.

Stand by, I am pretty sure that is going to happen soon.

• Like 4