Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Lots of traffic gets off at the 2nd Ave Exit. Why aren't they continuing the extension from Division to 2nd? In terms of long term planning, this doesn't seem like a very wise decision (a miss on a big opportunity for really enhanced connectivity). Hopefully the designers haven't finalized anything and may still seize on this opportunity.

A plan for the Division Street extension connecting the Gulch to SoBro.

Divisionstreet2_zps9085e0d3.jpg

On the section between 8th Ave S and the new bridge, I count 11 curb cuts. 5 of those 11 could be eliminated while preserving access to the existing structures. Eliminating the extraneous curb cuts would open up additional parking spaces on the existing properties. It would also reduce points of conflict between drivers and users of the Multi-Use Path. It would probably be better for traffic flow as well. I don't understand why MPW isn't reconsidering the curb cuts along this stretch given how much of the roadway is being reconfigured.

You can't really tell in this map, but the area between lafayette and 2nd ave S is encapsulated in a big orange bubble with the label "Connection to 2nd Ave Still Under Review." However, when I spoke to the project engineers at the public meeting for this project they weren't very optimistic about being able to acquire enough right of way to connect to 2nd. They did talk about potentially extending the multi-use path along Ash, snaking it through Metro's Fulton Complex, and then connecting it to the rolling mill hill greenway.

more details here: http://www.nashville.gov/Public-Works/Capital-Projects/Division-Street-Extension.aspx

I think maybe next month. William is in close contact with Lincoln properties who are the developers of that one and the apartments at the Sheds location on Charlotte. Meeks is looking to develop Stadium Lofts at Third and Monroe or Madison. Get those two streets mixed up.

I think there could be another big announcement soon. Not going to say where but could be big. Just the rumor mill, but a lot more coming this year, IMO.

• Like 1

In the Plan for Sobro Lindsley was supposed to connect through to Lafayette (improving the street grid) If for some reason they can't extend all the way down Ash to 2nd, why don't they connect Lindsley to Lafayette, make Lindsley a two way street, which would allow a flow all the way from the Gulch to Rolling Mill Hill.

Just goes to show this area is taking off. I dont think the original rehab plan will happen for the property, so we will have to wait and see what the other company does.

The Division street connector will really help boost the Lower SoBro area when completed. Hopefully the Rescue Mission will be offered a ton of money to sell their property at some point soon.

I dont see this continuing down 8th past the Interstate for a while. This area has some serious infill to do first.

I dont see this continuing down 8th past the Interstate for a while. This area has some serious infill to do first.

On the other hand, that stretch of 8th Ave South has cleaned up dramatically.  Stuff isn't moving to the street yet, but it is looking much, much better.  Plus, the area does have sidewalks.  The area closer to Wedgewood where Grimey's is located is happening in its own way.

A plan for the Division Street extension connecting the Gulch to SoBro.

The guys at TN Brew Works said the properties in the footprint of the connector (next door to them and across the street on Ewing) have been acquired and the occupants moved out.

It looks like the span over the tracks will also go over Ewing St. and then drop down to meet Ash? Either that or Ewing will now dead end at the Division span.