Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Interesting article from Ole Butchy....more of what we have heard before though. Seems like the chamber is really pushing and pitching for another full service hotel near MCC.

Hopefully we will get an announcement soon...come on Tony or Westin guys! Doesn't T.G. have the approval for the TIF...what is he waiting on!

http://www.nashvilleledger.com/editorial/Article.aspx?id=71510

I think it would lose a little of it's flavor if it moved out of Germantown.  Also, probably not likely to happen since the Church of the Assumption is the organizer and the events are partially on their grounds (or at least the most important part, the beer tent).  

• Like 2

Noticed that the lot at 9th and Cheatham Place is being cleared, and this sign was up:  http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/gallery/image/3324-buena-vista-development/

Glad to see some action spilling over onto this side of Rosa Parks.   The post mentioned this development a few months back:  https://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/8/6/developer_eyes_cottage_homes_for_buena_vista  

Historic Buena Vista is the last frontier in the North Capital District. 

• Like 1

Couldn't they just use Bicentennial Mall?  That park and the Farmer's Market seem to turn into nothing but a huge parking lot for Octoberfest anyway.

Bicentennial mall is considered a state park. The organizers would probably not be able to sell beer in there. Heck you may not even be able to take it in. Sort of defeats the purpose of Oktoberfest.

Couldn't they just use Bicentennial Mall?  That park and the Farmer's Market seem to turn into nothing but a huge parking lot for Octoberfest anyway. 

Due to the rapid growth in Germantown and lack of empty land, the Germantown Street Festival may need to move further north into Morgan Park. I doubt the church's Oktoberfest will move since the churches are part of the festival.

Does anyone know if there are development plans for the Premier lot on the Demonbreun, 1st, Molloy, 2nd block? I received a notice Friday that soil borings are taking place this week in the lot next to my office.

This is a good question for Ron or WW. If that is the lot across from Asurion, that is the Michael Hayes owned lot, and I have not heard of any immediate plans for it. There has always been speculation for that massive lot.

Edited by Urban Architecture

This is a good question for Ron or WW. If that is the lot across from Asurion, that is the Michael Hayes owned lot, and I have not heard of any immediate plans for it. There has always been speculation for that massive lot.

It is the lot directly north of Asurian.

There is a project going on that block. It is an infill project 3 or 4 stories. Not exactly sure what lot it is. I think its the one between the bridge and the apartments.

I believe that is the project going in across from Joes Crab Shack between the Seen nightclub and the boot store.

I am 99% sure CB Ragland owns most of the lots facing 1st. I have heard there could be a number of projects on Ragland land, but I will not say where. Michael, if you are monitoring the board and can give us a heads up, please do.

I do know they may not want to put the cart in front of the horse and rattle any cages either. I think there are a lot of plans and proposals making the rounds on the rumor and fact mill. Metro usually knows what is going on before most folks and the contacts that are there really can't say anything out of a professional code of conduct.

These are exciting times in Nashville for sure.

There will be a blog post in the Post a little later today concerning the core drilling there. Ragland owns all but one parcel and it would not affect the Ligget building on the corner.

Going to wait and see what WW has in the blog. Very little known right now. The project could start this year, but probably next.

There will be a blog post in the Post a little later today concerning the core drilling there. Ragland owns all but one parcel and it would not affect the Ligget building on the corner.

Going to wait and see what WW has in the blog. Very little known right now. The project could start this year, but probably next.

WW said it was up. Small scale retail and parking to start later this year, by years end. No rendering as of yet. More to come.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/2/17/sobro_site_eyed_for_mixed_use_development