Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Usually, it's the high rent that keeps marginal businesses like this from locating in such a high-profile (or potentially so) location.  Isn't this parcel owned by Michael Hayes' firm?

The site is controlled by the Management of the Hampton Inn, not our lease.  I was surprised to see it as well.  I have not stepped in the business.

• Like 1

Another mixed use project for the Gulch. We do not know the size yet, but the location will be on the vacant lot that sits between the Icon and Yazoo on Division. It will have first floor retail and apartments on the upper level or levels.

That's good news.   Is it the same developer that several years ago proposed a more modest retail building on that site? 

Another mixed use project for the Gulch. We do not know the size yet, but the location will be on the vacant lot that sits between the Icon and Yazoo on Division. It will have first floor retail and apartments on the upper level or levels.

always thought that was a prime spot for something really nice, glad to se its finally happening.

Is that the one that was planned 4-5 years ago or more? I think the old rendering is still there. I used to buy gas at the gas station that used to be there!

Thoughts on the nearly-complete Downtown Precinct on KVB and the new "skin" on the NES substation?     Honestly, this turned out about as well as it could have, I mean given the ill-conceived location for both structures.    The blue-ish glass box precinct building is crisp and clean and a nice scale butting up to the sidewalk as it does, and the materials are a good fit with the MCC.   

The wrap on the NES structure looks better than I was expecting with interesting horizontal and vertical breaks to mask the bulk of what is otherwise an ugly metal structure.   Once development fills in along KVB on the west side of these, and eventually behind them on Peabody, they should become fairly hidden.    The side of the NES station along 6th is unfortunate.   Even with the wrap, it will forever be a blank street wall.       

Hopefully this will start to make the area along 12th and the area along 8th a little more cohesive. Right now, I wouldn't feel comfortable walking between those two areas at night along division, but with this and the under construction Fairfield there may be enough foot traffic and development that it ties those two areas together.

Hopefully this will start to make the area along 12th and the area along 8th a little more cohesive. Right now, I wouldn't feel comfortable walking between those two areas at night along division, but with this and the under construction Fairfield there may be enough foot traffic and development that it ties those two areas together.

Agree.

WW

I hope they open up 11th now. They screwed up most of that area royally during the evening rush hour on Wednesday with the closure. I hope  the closure is not permanent.  

However, it seems that if you want to build something in Nashville, you get to close down an important street. It's getting to be a mess.

I hope they open up 11th now. They screwed up most of that area royally during the evening rush hour on Wednesday with the closure. I hope  the closure is not permanent.  

However, it seems that if you want to build something in Nashville, you get to close down an important street. It's getting to be a mess.

Your assessment seems to be correct.  18th Ave North is closed between West End and Hayes Street for the construction of the adjacent hotels. 

We were erecting a building in the financial district of San Francisco a year or so back. The city wouldn't let us close the street at all or the sidewalk during the week. Basically instructing us to hoist 40,000 lb concrete panels OVER an active sidewalk! "No thank you", we said. We'll do it on the weekend when we can shut down the sidewalk.

• Like 1