smeagolsfree

N. Capitol/Germantown/Salemtown/Metro-Center/Elizabeth Park/HBV& Points North

Something is happening at the 1920-era storefront at 1213 Buchanan St. that has been boarded up for years.

1213 Buchanan St, June 29, 2019.jpg

• Like 2

They may be working without a permit as I dont see one when I do an advanced search of the adres you posted. Not uncommon as a lot of people are clueless...Oh I need a permit to demo and clear out my own property even if I am doing the work....Yes you do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, dmillsphoto said:

There's a certain hockey player that owns one of those homes in that image.

Ah, so that's where his "investment" property is.  I'll need to take another swing by there.

Still, though, that's a rough area of town surrounding million dollar homes. 

It was brought up but it has been a while. I thought they were going to do a rehab instead of a total tear down and rebuild.

2 hours ago, Edgefield D said:

I don't think this has been posted....but it's the plans for the Dunkin Donuts and Chipotle (along with one other open retail spot) on Rosa Parks next to to the Exxon station (where the old Trinity Automotive was). They've demoed the building.  I've never seen a Chipotle with a drive thru? But it makes sense in Metro Center. 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=214131

• Like 1

Buchanan Point (2 stories, 5,200 sq. ft. Retail on first floor, 8 loft arts. On 2nd floor) update.  Exterior complete.

Looking NW from Buchanan St., 1/4 block west of 9th Ave. North:

701027166_ScreenShot2019-07-11at4_13_13AM.png.c1181bda710afdfd40b1dd74f46e31a0.png

• Like 1

Delta Avenue Townhomes (four 3 story buildings, 18 units) update. First 3 topped-out, starting 4th.

Looking NW along Delta Ave., 1/2 block NW of  Garfield St:

1421734020_ScreenShot2019-07-16at8_31_37AM.png.c39e57335b84bb8092e403e8a919b75d.png

Looking NE from Delta Ave., 1 block NW of Garfield Ave:

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 8.33.31 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MetroCenter Flats will be the name of new residential project on the empty 6.27 acre plot at 339 Athens Way to be developed by AH Nashville Development LLC, which is affiliated with NYC based Arbor Realty Trust.  They purchased the land for $2.36 million in April. No word on timeline, size, renderings, etc. yet. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21078650/metrocenter-could-land-residential-project

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 7.59.38 AM.png

• Like 2

I expect these will be garden style apartments as that is what is on either side of the property now and seems to be under the same UZO.

• Thanks 1

A 3 story mixed-use structure is being planned for the empty .34 acre lot at 1402 Buchanan St.  Jackson Builders purchased it for $400,000 earlier this week, and wants to a structure that features main floor retail, and residential units on the 2nd and 3rd floors.  Zoning is already in place.  Building Ideas will be the architect. A Feb. 2020 groundbreaking is planned. No renderings available yet. 

This will continue to help the slow-but-steady percolation of activity that is igniting positive change along the Buchanan corridor. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21078937/buchanan-street-eyed-for-mixeduse-building

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 11.16.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 11.17.15 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, markhollin said:

The 3 story, 2,700 sq. ft. home built. in 1900 at 1311 Fourth Ave. North in Germantown is being converted into a bar to be called Proper Pour.

Withdrawn from BZA agenda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 2 story, 18,700 sq. ft. office building that will be part of the Taylor Place development at 602 Taylor St. in Germantown has been granted a $3.2 million permit for construction.  The general contractor is R.C. Matthews. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21079032/permit-patrol-22-july-2019

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 8.08.18 AM.png

• Like 3

Fencing up for Madison Street Flats, Phase II.  

Looking NE from intersection of Madison St. and 7th Ave. North:

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 7.31.23 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1