Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

If all of what I am hearing is right, then the Eakin project could have legs. The 1212 project will be finished around August 1st. You should see the Eakin lot being cleared off fairly soon from what I have been told. Also Eakin  Partners was not really pleased when they used the lot for construction. The July 1 start date may be off a little, but maybe not. We may know something soon.

Also second crane is supposed to rise next week at the Gulch Crossing site.

Geist Blacksmith shop sold to the BowTruss developers.  http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/3/10/trio_plans_adaptive_reuse_project_for_historic_north_nashville_buildings (behind the paywall at the moment)

Glad to see that it won't be torn down!

Great news!    I've been worried about this property since the Sounds stadium was announced.    Each time I go by it, it looks a little worse.   

Didn't it just change hands a few months ago, or did they just now close on the sale?  

• Like 1

Great news!    I've been worried about this property since the Sounds stadium was announced.    Each time I go by it, it looks a little worse.   

Didn't it just change hands a few months ago, or did they just now close on the sale?  

It's been in the works for a little while, but I guess it was just finalized.  Here's a piece from NBJ a few months ago when these guys were first looking at purchasing: http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2013/10/redeveloper-eyes-historic-geist-house.html 

This is my favorite building on Monroe St:   https://www.google.com/maps/@36.174829,-86.793735,3a,75y,128.53h,92.99t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sY22gkgDwJm8B_QlGp8KuEw!2e0

It's unoccupied and sale right now.  I think this has great potential, beyond being a wig shop.  Only the red part is standing now.  The rest was demo'd last summer, which is a shame.  

I posted this in the original thread where I quoted from "nashmoney." Reposting for Gulch discussion.

Apartment boom puts Nashville on the map

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140311/BUSINESS02/303110035

I have to share the comments (so far) from the article.

A beautiful city on the river to start with, job growth, crime in check, 3 major interstate highways to access it, fairly good government, Opry Mills Mall, an entertainment mecca....what else does a city need for growth......Now if they could just work on that 5:00 rush hour.

yes rush hour is getting worse...starting at about 3:45-4:00 now

The Gulch was a golden opportunity to do something special. Too bad the developers filled it with subpar materials. Compare the wood and stucco construction to the steel and glass of places like Kansas City and others and the architectural value is 20 years behind. Afraid it will age poorly. And yes the afternoon traffic on I=440 has become impossible. About time Nashville embrassed the music industry as a plus instead of an embarrassement. But would still like to see a blend of Athens of the South tag blended with some modern architecture.

Paul Robertson I rented an apartment in the Gulch and I too was not impressed by the lack of quality construction. I paid nearly $1700 per month for faux wood floors, shower inserts and mediocre appliances. I visited friends in Miami during the New Year and they paid roughly the same, but their apartment had upgraded appliances, oversized glass showers and great concierge services and most importantly big box shopping ie..Publix, Target and Best buy in walking distance. I love what Nashville is doing but it seems the developers are building these apartments on the cheap and asking for premium prices.

That one person should be "embarrassed" by their spelling...harharhar. Nah, j/k. The main things why I wanted to share and what I got from them is that:

1) We need some sort of major mass transit overhaul. We will prob need a local and regional dedicated funds in some sort of tax. I think NC and Charlotte have something in place. Might be the only way to get some coop from CSX and others opposed to "state" funding. I see it as we need a multimode effort. Different types of transit per need and location.

2) Is the Gulch really that "bad?" I rarely spend time in Nashville anymore, let alone the Gulch, others' opinions on this?

I will post this in the mass transit thread (maybe Gulch thread too) for proper discussion areas.

At one time it was proposed another hotel would go where the Carquest store currently sits. It was 8-10 stories and I recall it was a Marriott brand of some sort, but that was several years ago when that was first proposed. It was to be a sister property of the Fairfield Inn. I think WW wrote about it then as I recall.