Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Great news!    I've been worried about this property since the Sounds stadium was announced.    Each time I go by it, it looks a little worse.   

Didn't it just change hands a few months ago, or did they just now close on the sale?  

Yeah, I think that this one is old news as well.  Did that information appear in Historic Nashville's Nashville Nine?  I can't recall where I read that recently.  But I do remember experiencing a profound sense of relief concerning that building, which is unfortunately a rare occurrence with Nashville's built environment lately.

John, do you know who is developing the hotel?  That's the one at the "wedge" where 12th meets 11th, right? 

All I am hearing from some of my hotel friends, that it is a boutique and could be a Kimpton, but nothing really evidential yet. I am waiting like everyone else! In my opinion, I would say it would be a boutique and something "original" not the typical Marriot or Hilton properties we have been seeing.

Peabody is still looking for TIF to come here, but I am pretty sure they want to be in the MCC footprint.

At first I did think it could be the Intercontinental or a W to take this spot.  Makes sense since WES appears to be dead.

• Like 1

Adele's by Jonathan Waxman will be the name. http://tnne.ws/1kOkSqm

I like the re-use of the building...I think it will be cool having the 5 garage bays incorporated into the project.

I'm not too big on the huge surface lot in front of the building. Wish the parking was in the back and the building was near 12th ave. Hopefully they will do some nice landscaping out front.

At least customer's wont have to worry about parking...one of few restaurants in the Gulch that has it's own parking right up front (only other I think of is Whiskey kitchen)

Looking forward to the project though.

Edited by nashmoney

He will probably want it called The Beaman Music Center, and he will probably want the ball park named after him as well.

How about if we put a line item in this year's Capital Improvements Budget to pay him to go away?  I would support a modest property tax increase to fund a nice relocation package for Beaman Automotive.

• Like 1

I like the re-use of the building...I think it will be cool having the 5 garage bays incorporated into the project.

I'm not too big on the huge surface lot in front of the building. Wish the parking was in the back and the building was near 12th ave. Hopefully they will do some nice landscaping out front.

If they had demolished the building and put the new one up to the street, then it would have parking in the rear.  I'm an Ultimate Tire and Car Care customer, and when they moved they told me that the building was falling apart.  If that assessment is correct, the owner will need to do quite a bit of structural work in addition to the obvious amount of clean-up needed to go from an auto service facility to a kitchen.  I still suspect that it would have been cheaper and better to put that building in a dumpster and start over.

How about if we put a line item in this year's Capital Improvements Budget to pay him to go away?  I would support a modest property tax increase to fund a nice relocation package for Beaman Automotive.

I think it would take more than a modest property tax to raise the dough for the kind of relocation I'd want. I'm thinking a rocket to be fired into the sun...could be a kickstart for a Tennessee Space Program?

ha, Beaman is a great guy... and a great Nashvillian. Different strokes and all that...

Beaman may be a great guy.  I don't know the man.  But the 'different strokes' argument doesn't go very far when he's buying politicians in order to make sure he gets the 'strokes' he wants.  He's certainly a great Nashvillian in terms of his influence, but from what I've seen, I'm not sure either his motivations or his methods are all that great.

Buying politicians ?  Bullying politicians?? Them serious chargers partner. (not really, just politics per the norm)

I would say when the money and influence are supporting your issues you are singing a different tune. Maybe?

Your charges could be levied against every AMP supporter listed below.....

The Amp Coalition Steering Committee

Chairman, Dr. Mike Schatzlein, president and CEO of Saint Thomas Health
Vice Chairman, Ralph Schulz, president and CEO of the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce

Steering Committee Members

Ed Cole, executive director, Transit Alliance of Middle Tennessee
Jay Everett, board member, Transit Now Nashville
Beth Fortune, vice chancellor for public affairs, Vanderbilt University
Henry Hicks, general partner, Red Clay Capital Holdings, LLC
Keel Hunt, president and founder, The Strategy Group
Sharon Hurt, executive director, Jefferson Street United Merchants Partnership (JUMP)
Lewis Lavine, president and CEO, Center for Nonprofit Management
Bert Mathews, president, The Mathews Company/partner, Colliers International
Juli Mosley, retired, Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon
Randy Rayburn, owner, Sunset Grill, Midtown Cafe, Cabana
Butch Spyridon, president and CEO, Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp.
Holley West, vice president of corporate communications, Applied Health Analytics, LLC

Organizations That Support The Amp

1221 Partners LLC
Adagio Massage Co. and Spa
ASPalmer and Co.
Back In Touch Wellness Center
The Bradford Group
The Convention Center Authority
Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Nashville
Core Development
Crain Construction
Crankees Pizzeria
Cyril Stewart, LLC
DePalma Studios
Greater Nashville Association of Realtors
Greater Nashville Hospitality Association
Hodgson Douglas LLC
Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport
Holiday Inn Vanderbilt
Jack Roe USA Inc.
Joel Solomon Company
JTMarCom
Kerry Woo Photography
Lincoln College – Nashville
Make It Pop
Marriott Nashville Airport
The Mathews Company
McNeely Pigott & Fox Public Relations
Midtown Café
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Nashville Civic Design Center
Nashville Hospitality Concepts, Inc.
Nashville Municipal Auditorium
Nashville Predators
Norris & Norris PLLC
Puckett’s Grocery
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Rhizome Productions
Southern Environmental Law Center
St. Thomas Health
Strategy and Leadership, LLC
SyedLaw Firm
Tennessee Latin American Chamber of Commerce
The Transit Alliance of Middle Tennessee
Transit Now Nashville
Urban Grout Commercial Real Estate
Vanderbilt University
Village Real Estate
Young Professional In Transportation – Nashville Chapter

Beaman may be a great guy.  I don't know the man.  But the 'different strokes' argument doesn't go very far when he's buying politicians in order to make sure he gets the 'strokes' he wants.  He's certainly a great Nashvillian in terms of his influence, but from what I've seen, I'm not sure either his motivations or his methods are all that great.

Edited by Guest

I recognize that buying politician's is unfortunately the norm.  And yes, I certainly prefer when the monetary advantage is on the side of causes I support.  That said, one of the primary causes i support is an effort to remove the undue influence of money in politics.  The ease at which Beaman (or anyone with enough cash) can inflict their political will is a problem regardless of the ideologies involved, and I will denounce it either way.  As, it happens, transparency with regard to political contributions is another side of the same coin.  I'm happy you've put together a list of Amp supporting organizations.  I think it's good that they have publicly declared their support for a project that they apparently believe is positive for the community.  I have no problem with them providing money to create an independent organization that helps promote the Amp and the benefits they believe it will bring.  I consider that to be a very different thing from making contributions to the representatives of unrelated districts in order to draw up some wrench-in-the-spoke legislation that just so happens to be an unprecedented overreach of state control.  No big deal or anything.  There's nothing wrong with Beaman paying for hundreds of giant wooden Stop Amp signs or providing funding for the Stop AMP newsletters, etc.  There is something very wrong with paying off some irrelevant state rep to make sure you get your way. 

I'd be happy to put the AMP on a ballot.  If Nashville rejects the AMP, so be it.  Beaman and a few neighborhoods on West End rejecting the AMP, however, is not an acceptable resolution to the issue, in my opinion.  If we're talking about different strokes for different folks, shouldn't we go with the strokes preferred by the majority of citizens, not the strokes preferred by those with the most money?  At the very least, these decisions should be made by politicians we can hold accountable, right? 

Buying politicians ?  Bullying politicians?? Them serious chargers partner. (not really, just politics per the norm)

I would say when the money and influence are supporting your issues you are singing a different tune. Maybe?

Your charges could be levied against every AMP supporter listed below.....

The Amp Coalition Steering Committee

Chairman, Dr. Mike Schatzlein, president and CEO of Saint Thomas Health
Vice Chairman, Ralph Schulz, president and CEO of the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce

Steering Committee Members

Ed Cole, executive director, Transit Alliance of Middle Tennessee
Jay Everett, board member, Transit Now Nashville
Beth Fortune, vice chancellor for public affairs, Vanderbilt University
Henry Hicks, general partner, Red Clay Capital Holdings, LLC
Keel Hunt, president and founder, The Strategy Group
Sharon Hurt, executive director, Jefferson Street United Merchants Partnership (JUMP)
Lewis Lavine, president and CEO, Center for Nonprofit Management
Bert Mathews, president, The Mathews Company/partner, Colliers International
Juli Mosley, retired, Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon
Randy Rayburn, owner, Sunset Grill, Midtown Cafe, Cabana
Butch Spyridon, president and CEO, Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp.
Holley West, vice president of corporate communications, Applied Health Analytics, LLC

Organizations That Support The Amp

1221 Partners LLC
Adagio Massage Co. and Spa
ASPalmer and Co.
Back In Touch Wellness Center
The Bradford Group
The Convention Center Authority
Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Nashville
Core Development
Crain Construction
Crankees Pizzeria
Cyril Stewart, LLC
DePalma Studios
Greater Nashville Association of Realtors
Greater Nashville Hospitality Association
Hodgson Douglas LLC
Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport
Holiday Inn Vanderbilt
Jack Roe USA Inc.
Joel Solomon Company
JTMarCom
Kerry Woo Photography
Lincoln College – Nashville
Make It Pop
Marriott Nashville Airport
The Mathews Company
McNeely Pigott & Fox Public Relations
Midtown Café
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Nashville Civic Design Center
Nashville Hospitality Concepts, Inc.
Nashville Municipal Auditorium
Nashville Predators
Norris & Norris PLLC
Puckett’s Grocery
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Rhizome Productions
Southern Environmental Law Center
St. Thomas Health
Strategy and Leadership, LLC
SyedLaw Firm
Tennessee Latin American Chamber of Commerce
The Transit Alliance of Middle Tennessee
Transit Now Nashville
Urban Grout Commercial Real Estate
Vanderbilt University
Village Real Estate
Young Professional In Transportation – Nashville Chapter

• Like 2

I agree with some of your positions....

I also think it to be a good thing that Beaman has publicly declared his support against a project that he believes to be a negative for the community. I have no problem with him providing money to create an independent organization that helps stop the AMP and the drawbacks he believes it will bring.

I think it's good that they have publicly declared their support for a project that they apparently believe is positive for the community.  I have no problem with them providing money to create an independent organization that helps promote the Amp and the benefits they believe it will bring. 

Okay so are you denouncing all those organizations listed on the pro-AMP list I gave you? The ones that not only have contributed to the 'independent' AMP YES organization but have ALSO directly contributed to local, state, and federal candidates? if yes, can you kindly call them out by name? It kind of sounded like you critiqued the principal but then lauded the actors...

Personally, I savor the opportunity to utilize my first amendment right and contributed my 'speech' (money) in favor of candidates with whose positions I agree. 

The ease at which Beaman (or anyone with enough cash) can inflict their political will is a problem regardless of the ideologies involved, and I will denounce it either way.  As, it happens, transparency with regard to political contributions is another side of the same coin.  I'm happy you've put together a list of Amp supporting organizations. way. 

The charge that persons/organizations are doing something wrong if they contribute to a candidate out of your district is not reasonable or if reasonable by you not by many. Should I not contribute to a politician that shares my values? Of course I should ... common sense really (I am pretty sure that is the point of all elections) and it is not dependent on ones political stripes. Even Mr. Mass Transportation himself, Mayor Karl Dean contributes to political campaigns and the (D) party when again contributes to many politicians outside of Nashville. To characterize a legal exercise in such colored terms is demagoguery.

I am glad that you are okay with Beaman paying for wooden signs (whew) lucky for free speech your is not the deciding vote. Is it overreach? Maybe, but politicians overreach all the time (hello Obamacare) it is a process and I do not believe anything is yet settled law only bills. Everyone in the state is free to 'vote the bums out' come the next election cycle. 

BTW the irrelevant state rep proves to be not so irrelevant if the bill passes...

I consider that to be a very different thing from making contributions to the representatives of unrelated districts in order to draw up some wrench-in-the-spoke legislation that just so happens to be an unprecedented overreach of state control.  No big deal or anything.  There's nothing wrong with Beaman paying for hundreds of giant wooden Stop Amp signs or providing funding for the Stop AMP newsletters, etc.  There is something very wrong with paying off some irrelevant state rep to make sure you get your way. 

And there we have it... AMP on the ballot! Yes! and Yes again!! Why has Dean not proposed putting the AMP on the ballot? In fact he should place both the AMP and the dedicated funding source on the ballot and let the voters decide... winner takes all... IMO AMP goes down in flames.

You make assertions that the majority support the AMP but a Tennessean poll or a push poll from the PR firm representing the AMP Yes coalition is less than convincing. If the mayor thought he would win a vote it would already be on the ballot.

I'd be happy to put the AMP on a ballot.  If Nashville rejects the AMP, so be it.  Beaman and a few neighborhoods on West End rejecting the AMP, however, is not an acceptable resolution to the issue, in my opinion.  If we're talking about different strokes for different folks, shouldn't we go with the strokes preferred by the majority of citizens, not the strokes preferred by those with the most money?  At the very least, these decisions should be made by politicians we can hold accountable, right? 

Edited by Guest