Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Well it looks like they are there to stay for the long run. I have nothing against them, just think they are in an awkward place now with all the development going on around them. Glad they are sprucing up the parking lot....currently looks like a sea of concrete.

On a side note, I wonder how long that property across the street from the mission, next to enterprise will stay vacant? I think it use to be a generals club or something.

That's a question for Shelby as he owns the 7 acres in that area. He is actively trying to sell and develop that property, but he wants the right buyer and a say so as to what goes there. He does come to our meets.

MDHA planning apartments @ 10th & Jefferson. Proposed project further down Jefferson is cxl.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2014/03/mdha-plans-jefferson-street-apartment-project.html

What will Nashville ever do with the Free At Last Bail Bonding Company at that site?  Maybe they will move to Gallatin Road in East Nashville next to Yes We Can Discount Beer and Tobacco.

What will Nashville ever do with the Free At Last Bail Bonding Company at that site?  Maybe they will move to Gallatin Road in East Nashville next to Yes We Can Discount Beer and Tobacco.

I laughed out loud when I read that bail bond company's name.  

Is there really such as place as Yes We Can Discount Beer and Tobacco?  LOL... no doubt borrowing from the Obama slogan.  

He owns 4.5 as I recall, but in any case; Shelby is going to do this the right way and not build junk. I have talked with him a few times on this, and what he is planning to do is very nice. The only thing standing in many developers way is the Mission. Many developers, including hotels do not want to be across from the Mission or the CFHD.

Jim Creason (Trust Development) planning a small mixed use project @ SW corner of 5th and Monroe.

The article is behind a pay wall, but will eventually be open to all.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/3/21/boutique_developer_eyes_what_would_be_his_first_commercial_project_in_germantown

• Like 1

Jim Creason (Trust Development) planning a small mixed use project @ SW corner of 5th and Monroe.

The article is behind a pay wall, but will eventually be open to all.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/3/21/boutique_developer_eyes_what_would_be_his_first_commercial_project_in_germantown

SW corner?     I hope not.   There is a very nice historic home there now.        

Maybe the 'Sliver' building is coming back. Before the recession of 08, there was substantial buzz about a very tall (new tallest?), but small footprint condo on that lot. It was such a narrow building, people on UP nicknamed it the 'Sliver' Building. It would be exciting if someone dusted off the plans and started to build it.

Of course, I am joking. I think they are probably doing a comprehensive survey to actually determine what could be built there. That would be interesting news in it's own right.

• Like 1

The wedge-shaped lot at 12th and Division (opposite 12th from Terrazo, along interstate) has what look to be fresh survey stakes and there has been some recent clearing of vegetation.     Is something about to happen here or just dressing it up to pitch to developers?

I noticed that. I don't know if TDOT is clearing some of the right of way off or if the property has changed hands. I am not sure if that is a Market Street property or if Tony Giarratana owns it since it is a Premier lot.

Update on downtown bar and restaurant developments. Tootsie's addiction IMO has good and bad elements. The good being the large outdoor patio adds a beautiful view of Sobro. The bad is really bad! The added floor blocks part of the mother church from broadway and the wall facing 5th has the worst stucco job ever. Hopefully that wall will have a mural to cover up the botched job. The new Tin Roof on broadway was completely gutted inside. A new heavy duty steel enforced flooring system has been installed with what looks to be a cut out catwalk between the first and third floors. The Acme building at the corner of broadway and first will take a while. This project will be a high quality venue that could be a game changer in moving the crowds closer to the river. Love it! Already mentioned on this thread a sign up for the three story bar and restaurant building proposed between the pedestrian bridge and broadway on 2nd. This building will do two things. One, add echoing energy with Joe's Crab Shack across the street and two, the open air patio facing 1st street will be a nice pull toward the river. 96 bar at the Sobro entrance of Bridgestone has been my go to before the Preds games. 96 has added life to that corner of extra large buildings. I hope the 24 hour diner at the corner of the Sobro apartment tower is still built. I feel it will add grit to a somewhat sterile corner. Finally, the New York based restaurant planned for the Bridgestone side of the Hilton Hotel will have a street level outdoor cafe and a sophisticated menu. I always thought that what is there now with the below grade cafe was such a waste. Well that's my two cents.

• Like 1