Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Do we know what Twelve Twelve is going to cost psf approximately for individual units?

I'm wondering about a 1000 sf unit with good views...any guess what that's going to cost?

I'm sure Bob Parks could tell you with specificity but I'd think 400+

Noticed that a new dry cleaner, Music City Cleaner, has opened up in the building at 624 Jefferson St (the former site of another dry cleaning business, Germantown Cleaners).  http://germantowncleaners.com/

This building sold somewhat recently and there was talk of high-end residential space, as I recall.  I guess that idea is being put on hold for the moment.  

Who pulled the demo permit?     It couldn't have been Tony when he wasn't the property owner.     Metro property records still list Steve Smith as the owner.  

It was never clear how the existing structure was going to support 3 floors on top of it.    The little building had visible foundation and wall cracks and would have likely required steel framing to bear the additional load.    My guess is the new diner is moving forward and will be all new construction.  

• Like 1

Downtown hotel project delayed.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2014/3/26/proposed_sobro_hotel_project_misses_hoped_for_start_date

I can't say I am really disappointed. I am hoping for a better project at this location at some point. I would rather see residential, retail, and mixed use along KVB that has some serious height as well. Twelve to Eighteen stories does not do it for me since the area is zoned for unlimited height.

• Like 2

If it was to look like the one they opened in Atlanta, of similar size and scale, I would not have been disappointed. I kind of hope the project stays on track.

There are still other properties available for taller structures.

DualbrandedhotelonKVB_zps822cbe3d.jpg

Might as well get used to it.With all Nashville's height restrictions, limitations and Nimbyism, Nashville is the land of the 15 to 20 story building.

Edited by PHofKS

From the Tennessean

Ryman’s buy could signal HQ shift to downtown

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2014/03/26/rymans-buy-signal-hq-shift-downtown/6918659/

"The Mathews Co., R.C. Mathews Contractors and Colliers International, which occupy about 16,000 square feet of office space above the Opry Originals store, are currently shopping for roughly 20,000 square feet of office space. They are planning to relocate from the building when their lease expires at year’s end."

“We feel like we’re an urban company and downtown is where we want to be,” Mathews Co.’s President Bert Mathews said.

Nate J. Greene, managing partner for Colliers International Nashville’s office, meanwhile, said the three related companies at 300 Broadway are hoping to find a building to purchase, but are opening to leasing as well. “We’ve identified several properties that might work, but don’t have any agreement yet,” he said.

Any idea or suggestions on where we currently have 20k sq ft of space ready by year end in downtown for them?  I wuold think if they purchased a building, they would be putting up building signage.

SaDzzY5.png

SWH is partnering with the Metro Development and Housing Agency

Terra House is the name

12,585 square feet of commercial space

194 apartment units

5 stories

The space will offer public art (SWH is funding the art and interviewing prospective artists) and a water feature. 

Smith Gee Studio is the architect

• Like 4

Nice. I really like the look of this project overall. I like that they've gone mostly brick, which fits the Germantown neighborhood. Much better than, say, the stucco of Vista.

What is to become of the gap space between Taylor Flats and Werthan Lofts? It's a huge space and could easily fit another apartment building.

Agreed. Great find. I do not have much doubt this is going to happen, as all of the buildings in the footprint are vacant and there has been core drilling and other work going on at the site. Next step is  for demo to start.

I posted this on the bits and pieces thread, but there was core drilling going on at the UMP site as well. The men working at the site indicated UMP requested the work and it was to be done ASAP. This may signal the land is close to being sold.

• Like 1