Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The larger yellow warehouse at the top of the hill at 11th Ave. and Clinton Streets has a demo permit. This is near the HCA site.

It is slowly coming down and will be all the way down in two weeks.

There will be a little news coming on the NW project. Not much and not what we are looking for.

Second crane has been going up today at the Gulch Crossings site.

It looks as if there is a lot of grading work going on at the Embry site too. I guess we should be seeing full scale activity there soon.

Also of note is that the project where RD Herbert is should start by early in 2015. There has to be a zoning change first.

Behind pay wall, but will come out eventually.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/3/31/end_of_year_start_eyed_for_next_phase_of_east_sides_walden

The news here too is that is has gone from 220 units to 249.

Ron/All, For those of us who live away... would you please give addresses or cross streets... at lest until I can get in my  head "who is where"?  Thanks all... you've done a fine job keeping up with all the announcements.  I just don't have the bearings like I once did. Even then, it was very much skewed to the west side of town.  Embrey does ring a bell, and I want to say around the new Sounds ballpark, I'm just not sure. 

Edited by MLBrumby

LOL, going to make you visit Nashville soon.

The Embry site sits right behind the new Sounds Ballpark between Jackson and Jefferson. The work that is going on there now is contractual land prep Metro has to do for them before they start. The RD Herbert site is on Third Ave N. Between Taylor and I think Van Buren.

Believe or not I probably have every site under construction or proposed in my head and could probably tell you where they all are.

• Like 1

I have no doubt on that last point.  Thanks for the explanation... I would love to come up for a meet... someday I'm sure.   I am a soccer coach... Thursday nights and Saturdays are nearly always "done".  I wish summer was better, but kids swim and their meets are on weekends.  So I may make it up there after the youngest heads off to college in six years... LOL.  Definitely don't get up to Nashville on business like I used to either... like once in every 3-4 months anymore.  I loved going up there. 

The old theater on the corner of Fourth and Monroe has sold. William reported a while back that it was for sale and a restaurant was interested.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/04/01/germantown-site-redeveloped-restaurants/7151621/

I walked by this tonight and it looked as if some type of demo work had already started on the inside.

LOL, going to make you visit Nashville soon.

The Embry site sits right behind the new Sounds Ballpark between Jackson and Jefferson. The work that is going on there now is contractual land prep Metro has to do for them before they start. The RD Herbert site is on Third Ave N. Between Taylor and I think Van Buren.

Believe or not I probably have every site under construction or proposed in my head and could probably tell you where they all are.

I wondered about the Embry site the other day....then I put the map to use that you have provided us on here...thats a fun tool and very appreciated.

There could be up to four restaurants in the building. I am hoping they do a good job on the renovation. This should be a cool project. There needs to be some more affordable options in Germantown too as far as food goes. The new pizza place at Fourth and Madison should help, but most of the options tend to be on the pricy side or have long waits at night.

• Like 1

noticed today the brick warehouse next door to Peg Leg Porkers is being gutted. Not sure what's going to happen there. The "front" facing Gleaves St. is a parking lot and loading dock.

The permit is for WellPlaced Smiles. This is a new concept for Nashville. Not a lot of information on it, however they have been doing work there for a couple of weeks. I gave William the information but he was unable to get in touch with the company. Seems to be a wellness type of business.

I actually like this building, although admittedly the street level presence appears weak in the rendering. Sure beats what's at that site now.

The reason the building is weak at street level is because its in a flood zone.  The only thing on the first level is the parking garage.

• Like 1

I do think TMcKay is correct in saying the redesign may be the first level parking. Remember all of the buildings that were there flooded during the 2010 flood and they were having some storm water issues at this site. I need to take a look at the old rendering, but this may be a different vantage. I still think the other rendering was five stories.