Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I am sure Getahn would have posted this at some point, but, I am excited about the news...I am glad to see development more more towards this end of Germatown
http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/04/23/apartment-developer-targets-germantown-new-building/8074403/

the project site is the entire city block bounded by Second and Third avenues and Madison and Jefferson streets. That location is two blocks from the ballpark being built for the Nashville Sounds, which is one of the reasons that has made Germantown even more attractive to developers.

Edited by bhibbs

This is the project that was labeled Stadium Lofts &. Meeks was going to do it. I have noticed they get the project ready and then sell the property or the option to another company. They did the same thing with the 909 Flats project.

Alliance is the same company that had property at 28th & Charlotte or that may be 31st and Charlotte. It was going to be Broadstone @ Centennial. I guess they realized they backed out too soon or that may have been the wrong location at the time, but things are moving that direction as we see.

I was waiting on this little tidbit I passed to WW. This story is behind the pay wall for now, but will come off soon. Anyway, Joy ride Nashville has new digs on 2nd Ave called the Fun Factory. Several wings of the business will operate out of this location. The cool aspect will be that once the East Bank project is finished, they will offer Canoe, jet ski and paddle boat rentals.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/4/24/fun_factory_takes_new_space_in_rutledge_hill

• Like 2

not to be a spoiled sport but their business model may take a hit soon as they are not following regulations and are currently breaking the law by charging patrons for rides. They along with Uber, Lyft, the pedi-shaws, etc. are going to be in for a surprise in the very near future. You can't circumvent the law while others (register cabs, etc.) have to abide by certain restrictions, and get away with it for very long. If they comply then all will be well....

..yes why allow residents and visitors to purchase the goods and services they want (Lyft, Uber, pedi-cabs, cheap car service for hire...) when the government can collude with the lobbyists of trade groups (taxis, limo, bus charters...) and allow them to overcharge customers while NOT delivering services they desire (like hailing a cab)...

also cool crane, I am looking forward to ACME and the redevelopment all along this corridor and the expanded recreational activities the waterfront will bring to downtown visitors and residents.... there back on topic ; )

Edited by Guest

also cool crane, I am looking forward to ACME and the redevelopment all along this corridor and the expanded recreational activities the waterfront will bring to downtown visitors and residents.... there back on topic ; )

agreed, I thought it was incredibly cool when they decided to keep the Acme name as part of the restaurant/bar.

not to be a spoiled sport but their business model may take a hit soon as they are not following regulations and are currently breaking the law by charging patrons for rides. They along with Uber, Lyft, the pedi-shaws, etc. are going to be in for a surprise in the very near future. You can't circumvent the law while others (register cabs, etc.) have to abide by certain restrictions, and get away with it for very long. If they comply then all will be well....

Would they fall into that category since it's for tour purposes?