Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I went by 312 Pizza Co on Sunday and here is my brief review:  

First true casual place in Germantown that skews to a younger crowd than other places in our neighborhood.  They definitely will be banking on a lot of the young renters to come by once all the complexes get built.  New place that has some kinks to fix.  If there ever want to get into the elite tier of pizza restaurants in Nashville (DeSano’s, Five Points, Mafiaoza's) they have a ways to go.  But with some minor tweaks the concept should see good food traffic for awhile.  

I went by 312 Pizza Co on Sunday and here is my brief review:  

First true casual place in Germantown that skews to a younger crowd than other places in our neighborhood.  They definitely will be banking on a lot of the young renters to come by once all the complexes get built.  New place that has some kinks to fix.  If there ever want to get into the elite tier of pizza restaurants in Nashville (DeSano’s, Five Points, Mafiaoza's) they have a ways to go.  But with some minor tweaks the concept should see good food traffic for awhile.  

I went by last night, and it was understandbly dead with it being around 8:30 on a Monday night.

It was certainly cool that everyone at the bar all seemed to be from the neighborhood and all very friendly.

The bartender was very hospitable, set my expectations on wait times for the pizzas and carried a good conversation.

They certainly do have some kinks to work out...the kitchen was closing at 9:30, which seemed kind of weird to me for a bar.

With that being said, I will certainly be back and will bring family and friends.

I am predicting we get another hotel or condo at some point on the large parking lot behind the lower Broadway buildings across from the Hilton, and in front of the Schermerhorn. that surface lot has been there for decades and is ripe for development. This would be 4th Avenue.

Well a good friend in the real estate business in Nashville did say he saw Mark Bloom and Four Seasons reps in the Gulch about a month ago. Maybe that's a good sign of things to come.

The crane is almost up on the 16 story apartment building at the Musica Roundabout.  Does this building have a name?

Last night, some Terrazzo residents attended a preview of the Prima restaurant held at Josephine in 12-South.  The presentation team included the creative minds, the architect and the chef.  They are doing some creative, new things to this space that haven't been seen in Nashville before.  If you'd like to hear more details, let me know.

• Like 2

The crane is almost up on the 16 story apartment building at the Musica Roundabout.  Does this building have a name?

Last night, some Terrazzo residents attended a preview of the Prima restaurant held at Josephine in 12-South.  The presentation team included the creative minds, the architect and the chef.  They are doing some creative, new things to this space that haven't been seen in Nashville before.  If you'd like to hear more details, let me know.

Right now it's just called by it's address...

And, we're curious about all things going on, especially Catbird Seat v.2  :shades:

I read from Erica Gilmore that project will look like the Rolling Mill Hill complex, will be controlled with income minimum and maximize monthly income

Going to be difficult with the current trends within the zip code, I can't find the website now but over the past 18 months the white population is +140% and AA is -40% Gt2ZM2k.jpg

Edited by HGMIII
  • Like 1

I'm really curious to see a site plan, and see how everything comes together.  This site is kind of bisected by the railroad tracks, leaving some awkward small plots of land to work with.  Glad to see that plans for a grocery are part of this.   There's not really a good option for people that live in the Gulch/SoBro/Downtown - Turnip Truck is ok, but niche-y, and the Rosa Parks Kroger is the opposite (although they have improved)

Edited by Bezoar