Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I'm really curious to see a site plan, and see how everything comes together.  This site is kind of bisected by the railroad tracks, leaving some awkward small plots of land to work with.  Glad to see that plans for a grocery are part of this.   There's not really a good option for people that live in the Gulch/SoBro/Downtown - Turnip Truck is ok, but niche-y, and the Rosa Parks Kroger is the opposite (although they have improved)

I have seen one rendering of the site plan that is now being tweaked, and I think you will be pleased. It will work well with what they have there.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't want to mention my friends name on here. He's heavily involved in local real estate in Nashville (has recently sold properties in Encore and Icon) and he is being told by sources that it's going to be a Whole Foods. Also another friend whose husband works for CSX, said they are being told about a possible Four Seasons in the Gulch because the land is currently their parking lot. Again not confirmed, but it would be nice.

Edited by bruceman73
  • Like 4

Also another friend whose husband works for CSX, said they are being told about a possible Four Seasons in the Gulch because the land is currently their parking lot. Again not confirmed, but it would be nice.

Without making you get too specific, do you mean the parking lot between Demonbreun and Broadway, which I think is CSX parking?  

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't want to mention my friends name on here. He's heavily involved in local real estate in Nashville (has recently sold properties in Encore and Icon) and he is being told by sources that it's going to be a Whole Foods. Also another friend whose husband works for CSX, said they are being told about a possible Four Seasons in the Gulch because the land is currently their parking lot. Again not confirmed, but it would be nice.

I have heard Whole Foods as well. I have also heard Publix. There are also two more groups looking to get a grocery market some where close by as well.

• Like 1

A Trader Joes or the like would do splendidly in this neighborhood.  Cheaper than a lot of competitors, but it still has managed to maintain a 'high-end' vibe that is popular with young professionals.

Agree. TJ is much more affordable compared to Whole Foods and I would kill to have another one nearby without the headache-inducing parking lot like the one in Green Hills.

Publix would cover more people. Whole Foods is just too expensive for a larger clientele.

I think both could do fine, Green Hills has Trader Joes, Kroger, and Whole Foods within a mile radius.

Our own shopping is an combination of Kroger, Whole Foods, Turnip Truck, Walmart, and Target and I doubt we're unique.

I think both could do fine, Green Hills has Trader Joes, Kroger, and Whole Foods within a mile radius.

Our own shopping is an combination of Kroger, Whole Foods, Turnip Truck, Walmart, and Target and I doubt we're unique.

I have no problem with Whole Foods.  I'm just thinking if you have to pick one for now in the DT/Gulch area...I'd think Publix would serve more people.  If they could get both...awesome!

I think that any grocery that isn't a Kroger will do great in this spot. Icing on the cake if it makes it where I don't have to travel to Green Hills.

That is where I am mixed, whole foods eliminating a reason to go to green hills vs Publix/Kroger being more useful overall.

• Like 1

I look forward to shopping in a Fresh Market, Harris - Teeter (owned by unionized Kroger but worlds apart) or whole foods. Without a doubt customer service is better in these 3 markets. I only stop at Kroger stores in a bind and the locations on Rosa Parks and Franklin Road are horrible.

49kft2 is a pretty good sized grocery store. +/- 15% smaller than the Melrose & Inglewood Kroger stores. 50% larger than the Harris Teeter on 21st.

I only stop at Kroger stores in a bind and the locations on Rosa Parks and Franklin Road are horrible.

I shopped at the Franklin Road/Melrose Kroger for years during the mid-00's and never found it particularly lacking. In what way is it horrible?

Edited by Rockatansky

I'd like to see Kroger, it's a union shop.

I'd like to see competition for Kroger, because in locations where Publix has jumped in, Kroger has been forced to step up their game.

Putting a Publix at Capitol View might have a positive impact on the Kroger on Rosa Parks (i.e. - expanded selection).

And being union hasn't made Kroger a better place for its employees.

• Like 2