Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Wow! Walked by the 12th and laurel apartment building today. The glass is blue/green with detailed window panes and the corners of the building are like ice cubes. This is going to be as sophisticated as the Pinnacle tower. For you guys out of town you should drive by this one when in town again.

• Like 1

It was definitely on the triangle lot, its right outside my window.  I believe I saw them drilling in at least 3 different spots.  I'm far from the expert on core drilling so maybe they were drilling for some other purpose?  If they come back tomorrow I'll go down and take a closer look.

I'd like to think the drilling is to determine if the triangle building could support a few more floors! Wishful thinking but even so it would be great to see this one get started.

On the Mondrian (or Laurel or whatever it will end up being), the glass looks great. Is it just me or is this building going up fast? I mean compare to the Faison project up the street or Spring Hill Suites.

Here is a shot of the glass going up.  The picture doesn't do the glass justice due to the brightness of the sun.  This tower is going to be sleek looking and highly visible from several vantage points.

photo%25282%2529.JPG

I noticed an elevator shaft going up on the north side of the parking garage (far right in this picture). Looks like it will provide access to the garage from the street. Was space for public parking planned? It would be a smart move.

They are back on the lot taking more samples today.  Maybe WW wasn't able to locate the drilling holes because its a gravel lot.  The guy doing the drilling said he wasn't completely sure what they were building but said he thinks its going to be a hotel.  He didn't seem confident so I wouldn't put much stock in that.  Either way, good news.

photo%25282%2529.JPG

Edited by TMcKay9
  • Like 2

They are back on the lot taking more samples today. Maybe WW wasn't able to locate the drilling holes because its a gravel lot. The guy doing the drilling said he wasn't completely sure what they were building but said he thinks its going to be a hotel. He didn't seem confident so I wouldn't put much stock in that. Either way, good news.

photo%25282%2529.JPG

The original Gulch master plan has a hotel on this site, you can see the map in the Icon lobby (and probably somewhere else but not sure).

I'll be fine with a hotel on that site just as long as they keep the restaurant/retail theme going for the street level in that part of the Gulch. That is pretty much the epicenter of street activity in the area.

Totally agree. A hotel would be awesome there, but care needs to be taken to ensure we have retail and/or restaurants that address the street. 

As far as I'm concerned, the 5th Avenue side of Omni needs to be the standard of how you do a hotel with restaurants and bars in one of Nashville's walkable areas. I just enjoyed an afternoon off strolling around downtown and East Nashville. The 5th Avenue side of the Omni was brimming with activity even at 3pm on a Tuesday thanks to all the businesses with entrances right on the street and patio dining. 

I checked the Fifth Avenue side of Omni tonight at 8 and Barlines had a strong crowd. Bob's Steak House was so-so and nobody was in Bongo. But  overall, I've been pleased with the street activation courtesy of these food and beverage places.

WW

Nice photo.

WW

Been downtown the past couple of nights and have been impressed with the foot traffic for a weeknight. Monday seemed busier, even with the NIN concert last night (which was freaking amazing!).