601 Bond

joeDowntown

13 hours ago, grandrollerz said:

The Heisenberg part at the top appears to be a fitness room. That's a damn shame.

What should it have been? 

I see a lot of social media posts of yoga being practiced on the patio as well. Seems like that'd be pretty cool (and windy). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandrollerz said:

A restaurant for sure, it would have outdoor and indoor options for year round dining.  We've talked a lot about rooftop options in DT GR.  Right now its Just New Hotel Mertens AFAIK. (Fressian doesn't count).  Otherwise, there isn't anything...is there?

I imagine the gym / rooftop deck with fireplaces is a great amenity for selling apartments in that building. I can see why they kept the space for residents. 

Joe

• Like 3

On 10/10/2019 at 10:40 AM, grandrollerz said:

A restaurant for sure, it would have outdoor and indoor options for year round dining.  We've talked a lot about rooftop options in DT GR.  Right now its Just New Hotel Mertens AFAIK. (Fressian doesn't count).  Otherwise, there isn't anything...is there?

Putting a rooftop restaurant in an all residential building would be tremendously expensive. It would probably have to have its own elevator access. And as I was talking with several people the other day in the local restaurant industry, not sure this area can support even ONE more restaurant. :P   ie there's going to be a bloodletting of restaurants (and breweries) over the next couple of years, in their opinions. Much of it is staffing/labor related and keeping good chefs/managers/staff to keep food and service levels up. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had a chance to swing by the newly opened Sweetwaters the other day and it was fantastic. I'd highly recommend it! I used to spend countless hours studying at Sweetwaters back when I was an undergrad at U-M--it's great to have a little bit of Ann Arbor over in North Monroe.  :)

As a side note, Sweetwaters is open until 9:30pm every day, including weekends, so it really fills a need for late-night coffee shops / work spaces in the downtown area. To my knowledge, I think the only other ones relatively close by are the Bitter End and Roots Coffee on the Westside? (Roots is closed on Sundays.) Any other ones I'm missing?

Edited by GRwestsider