Sign in to follow this  
gman430

Agfa redevelopment

2 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

This is better than I expected as far as site plan is concerned. 

http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/4351?fileID=17182

Aren’t the parking spaces on McBee street the wrong way? Unless it’s gonna be back in spaces (which I dislike). Please don’t let the city start doing back in street parking 

22 minutes ago, johnpro318 said:

Aren’t the parking spaces on McBee street the wrong way? Unless it’s gonna be back in spaces (which I dislike). Please don’t let the city start doing back in street parking 

Im guessing it was a mistake. 

I dunno it’s in all the renderings at the end. Massing looks alright. Would argue that along Beattie Place and Academy is where developers should try and go taller, away from Main street and the West End. 

I hope the City takes the opportunity to narrow McBee. There's no reason for any stretch of this street to be wider than 3 lanes. And really, 2 would be sufficient and more pedestrian friendly. 

Edited by GvilleSC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

I hope the City takes the opportunity to narrow McBee. There's no reason for any stretch of this street to be wider than 3 lanes. And really, 2 would be sufficient and more pedestrian friendly. 

What was the point of repaving it within the past week if they're just going to narrow it soon?

Edited by gman430

DRB approved the site plan but with some changes, mainly to make the Academy/Washington and Academy/McBee corners more promenient and visually appealing, and to widen the setback from the three streets by an additional 2 feet. 

They Do want to make the angle parking on McBee to be reverse in, just as shown.  

On 9/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, gman430 said:

Not bad on the massing and layout but needs more height IMO.

I agree with man, some height here would have been nice. Greenville is surely the capitol of the U.S. for buildings less than 8 stories.

Edited by apaladin
  • Like 1

Not sure I understand; so the placement and number of buildings have been approved but not the architecture, right? I mean, it looks like a seven year old drew those on a napkin.

36 minutes ago, apaladin said:

I agree with man, some height here would have been nice. Greenville is surely the capitol of the U.S. for buildings less than 8 stories.

Yeah, some height, anywhere in Greenville would be nice!

• Like 1