Agfa redevelopment

gman430

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

I think downtown and Greenville as a whole should just throw in the towel. It's a failed experiment. Nothing is ever going to get developed or built again. Everything is going to fall through and main street will be a deserted rotting strip of asphalt. The falls will dry up, the bridge will fall, the 5 story towers will collapse, the trees will die, and the Greenville memory will vanish as a breath in the wind. Goodbye Greenville.

Gosh...hope the funeral is on a day I can attend.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I think downtown and Greenville as a whole should just throw in the towel. It's a failed experiment. Nothing is ever going to get developed or built again. Everything is going to fall through and main street will be a deserted rotting strip of asphalt. The falls will dry up, the bridge will fall, the 5 story towers will collapse, the trees will die, and the Greenville memory will vanish as a breath in the wind. Goodbye Greenville.

Brooks Brothers agrees with you. :D They got out before it’s too late. 

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Can somebody tell me what this article says. I can’t read it. Does it involve this project or the gateway site? 

https://gsabusiness.com/subscribe117&articles=exceeded

I recommend switching to “Private” or “Incognito” mode on your browser to read GSA. That said, here’s an excerpt for you:

The Gateway to Greenville development is far from the only proposed affordable housing project riding on the FILOT greenlight, but if it is allowed to move forward, it may be one of the most high-profile projects within city limits to receive incentives since the 262-apartment Project Unity Gateway development, which included 52 units of affordable and workforce housing.

“So we have to get the county’s participation and that’s a bigger issue than just this one project,” the mayor said. “That’s a bigger issue than just this one project, but we have a number of projects that could include affordable housing if there were a FILOT but right now we’re sort of frozen.”

So far, all discussion with the county on the topic have been “nothing but positive,” he said.

But the residential component of the project is old news, according to White. He’s most excited about the retail and restaurant space planned for the ground level of the apartments, creating the pedestrian-friendly entertainment destination lobbied for by resident respondents to a spring survey.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...