Kenect Nashville, 20 stories, 420 apts, 24,000 sq.ft. retail, garage, 1815 Division Street

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Andy20 said:

Lots of renderings on their website. Preleasing Fall 2019. 

Preleasing now for a Spring 2020 move in?! Are people really beating down the door to move in here?

Also, I have a feeling a lot of the people moving in here will be Vandy grad students, in which case a Spring 2020 opening is not the best timing considering most student leases run August to July.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 3:01 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Nothing is protected in that area. The Yates building is currently for sale. It is being offered by Urban Grout.

Not good.  We need to keep some of our traditional buildings for the charm they provide.  Of course, that's easy to say until the out-of-town developer arrives with a fat check.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Native said:

Not good.  We need to keep some of our traditional buildings for the charm they provide.  Of course, that's easy to say until the out-of-town developer arrives with a fat check.

I agree, and yet Metro along with Hysterical dropped the ball 20 or 30 years ago and the genie is out of the bottle. This area should have been protected long ago, but it is a lost cause now. You can forget about saving anything in this area as the property owners have fought off any attempts by Metro doing anything because property values have sky rocketed in recent years and developers are crawling out of the shadows now. 

Another problem is that there was so much cheese built here in the 70's that much of the area was ruined long before Metro even knew what overlays were. A lot of the buildings were modified or added on to then that the historical nature was lost and what was happening in the buildings were not considered historical in nature and only time dictates that.

Even NYC delt with this in Little Italy and all of that area was almost gone before they were able to halt what was happening there. Little Italy use to be much larger than what it curetly is.

Denver got ahead of the ball 50 years ago to step in and save historic structures. So you see, this should have been done long ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I agree, and yet Metro along with Hysterical dropped the ball 20 or 30 years ago and the genie is out of the bottle. This area should have been protected long ago, but it is a lost cause now. You can forget about saving anything in this area as the property owners have fought off any attempts by Metro doing anything because property values have sky rocketed in recent years and developers are crawling out of the shadows now. 

Another problem is that there was so much cheese built here in the 70's that much of the area was ruined long before Metro even knew what overlays were. A lot of the buildings were modified or added on to then that the historical nature was lost and what was happening in the buildings were not considered historical in nature and only time dictates that.

Even NYC delt with this in Little Italy and all of that area was almost gone before they were able to halt what was happening there. Little Italy use to be much larger than what it curetly is.

Denver got ahead of the ball 50 years ago to step in and save historic structures. So you see, this should have been done long ago.

What's bad about Music Row is that not only will you lose the charming bungalows...but you will displace all the "mom and pop" publishers and songwriters who will move to other parts of town and scatter...ending the "campus" feel of Music Row.  Music Row will become like any other street in any other city.  And yes...it's probably too late to save.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Thanks for all the great pics @KJHburg You might have been bitten by the charms of Nashville as I've been. I grew up in suburban Atlanta, and as a kid I thought hell would be a better place.  There are only two Southern cities that I've been charmed by.  I see so much in common between New Orleans and Nashville (two quite different cities)... but both are like the prostitutes you can't shake... NOLA is the aging beauty draped in lace and deep red satin ... Nashville is the taut, young blue-jean-clad, wild line-dancing bachelorette. :tw_smirk:

While perhaps the most unlikely analogy I’ve ever seen, it’s really not untrue... XD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1