Amazon: The Thread | 5,000 Jobs | 1M SQFT in Nashville Yards

ZestyEd

^ ^ ^ So, in the ever-changing fluidity of the building sizes, the diagram above shows the south tower  (Office Tower 1") at 25 stories above ground (22 above Church Street Viaduct), and the north tower ("Tower 2") at 28 stories above ground (25 above grade of Church Street Viaduct).   The south tower is listed as "Current Phase," meaning it will be the first to rise.  The north tower is earmarked as "Future Phase."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ So, in the ever-changing fluidity of the building sizes, the diagram above shows the south tower  (Office Tower 1") at 25 stories above ground (22 above Church Street Viaduct), and the north tower ("Tower 2") at 28 stories above ground (25 above grade of Church Street Viaduct).   The south tower is listed as "Current Phase," meaning it will be the first to rise.  The north tower is earmarked as "Future Phase."

South tower (20 stories):
20 levels above Church street
3 levels below Church street

North tower (24 stories):
18 levels office
1 level office amenities
3 levels flexible space
2 levels parking above Church street
3 levels parking below Church street
3 levels parking below grade

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Someone asked Adam Sichko this on Twitter and I thought it was an interesting question... if the Amazon/NY deal gets ugly, could they increase their footprint in Nashville?  Or perhaps just make the Virginia campus absorb the NY planned operations?

Thing is, Nashville is such a vibrant city with a very good business-friendly climate.  I would imagine once Amazon plants roots here, it will only grow, as long as the political climate in TN and Nashville stays similar to how it is now regarding businesses.

• Like 4

I have a feeling amazon is just testing the water here in Nashville to see how things go and how Nashville handles them coming here. I think they have much bigger plans for Nashville once they see we can handle it. That’s just what I think they are up to.

My intuition as been telling me the same thing all along.
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Thing is, Nashville is such a vibrant city with a very good business-friendly climate.  I would imagine once Amazon plants roots here, it will only grow, as long as the political climate in TN and Nashville stays similar to how it is now regarding businesses.

I think so too.  But I am more referring to the direct fallout of NY pushing out the current Amazon HQ plans there.  Could Amazon take that massive allotment and just come here instead?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dxfret said:

I assume this was "leaked" as part of negotiations between Amazon and NY. 

"You sure wouldn't want us to take our 25k jobs somewhere else would you?"

• Like 3

On 2/5/2019 at 3:57 PM, TheRaglander said:

I think so too.  But I am more referring to the direct fallout of NY pushing out the current Amazon HQ plans there.  Could Amazon take that massive allotment and just come here instead?

I would think they might go right across the Hudson to NJ to tap into virtually the same labor market.  However I have said all along they need to break this huge office up and spread it to lots of cities that have strengths in the labor pool aka Atlanta, Dallas, Raleigh etc. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I would think they might go right across the Hudson to NJ to tap into virtually the same labor market.  However I have said all along they need to break this huge office up and spread it to lots of cities that have strengths in the labor pool aka Atlanta, Dallas, Raleigh etc. 

I agree with this.  Different hubs around the US about the size of what Nashville is getting (about 5000) makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

Ok...let's play the "what if" game for a moment.  What if Amazon actually does pull out of NY?  Do they take 50k jobs to DC?  Or do they maybe go to their 3rd place city (not sure which city that is)?  Or...do they break it up into 2-3 cities, maybe even enlarging the footprint in Nashville?

I have to believe they look at Nashville as being able to handle 5000...but do they believe we could handle more than that?  If they decided to enlarge the footprint here...what's the most we could conceivably take without cratering?

• Like 1

I think they released the info about their unhappiness with NYC as a negotiating tactic.  But if they leave NYC I think they will move the jobs to two or three cities where they already have a large presence.  I really don't think they want to continue the circus with HQ3 - especially since Bezos himself is becoming a circus.

• Like 4