Amazon: The Thread | 5,000 Jobs | 1M SQFT in Nashville Yards

ZestyEd

2 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Any details regarding the end goal of this "Tipping Point" group, beyond their need to gather and vent? Seems like the Amazon train has already left the station, so their options would be pretty limited at this point.

Maybe it's a pre-emptive strike in case Nashville tries to woo those 25,000 jobs away from NYC.

I'm curious, though.  Would Nashville Yards be big enough on its own to handle another 10-15,000 Amazon jobs in case Amazon does decide to abandon its NYC plans and divided those 25,000 jobs between Nashville and NOVA?

• Like 1

This is what the bit.ly link on the invitation goes to... So I'm not entirely sure how organized it is.

Whoa, I'll take that down, I didn't realize it would blow the link up. It's a screen shot of an awful text conversation by people who sound crazy.

Edited by PaulChinetti
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jmtunafish said:

Maybe it's a pre-emptive strike in case Nashville tries to woo those 25,000 jobs away from NYC.

I'm curious, though.  Would Nashville Yards be big enough on its own to handle another 10-15,000 Amazon jobs in case Amazon does decide to abandon its NYC plans and divided those 25,000 jobs between Nashville and NOVA?

The quotes I read from the Amazon event the other night led me to believe that Amazon felt that 5,000 was the right number for Nashville and it may be a stretch at this point to take on more, but you never know. Maybe we could get another 5K if they started feeling good about initial recruitment. Judging by Seattle Amazon doesn't need all of its employees on one campus if Yards doesn't have it.

• Like 1

That link was insane...ha

32 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

This is what the bit.ly link on the invitation goes to... So I'm not entirely sure how organized it is.

Whoa, I'll take that down, I didn't realize it would blow the link up. It's a screen shot of an awful text conversation by people who sound crazy.

9 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I think I would chock it up to ineptitude on their part. I mean anytime you are printing something with a link you check it 100 times. Send it to print, have a mini panic and check it like 20 more times, haha.

Yeah. Also just create a URL that's easy to spell. You don't need a Bit.Ly with a dozen random number and letters on something printed and handed out.

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Maybe we should show up with posters that say, "Welcome to Nashville!  Now y'all go back home."

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Reads like a JV Green New Deal

I am not sure what they are demanding Amazon to actually do?