Amazon: The Thread | 5,000 Jobs | 1M SQFT in Nashville Yards

ZestyEd

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, markhollin said:

In 10 years, the A in USA will stand for Amazon. :D (only slightly joking)

• Like 1

Looking at the workers relative to each floor, I wonder if this building will actually have 17'-18' floors above the lobby.. speaking of which, will the two buildings' lobbies be connected as a single lobby when both are complete? Clearly, their garages will not be connected. No doubt, security is a factor here. Perhaps that's the reason for two buildings instead of a single taller tower.   

825227504_Nashville_Yards_Parcel_4__Garage-20191014-081841.thumb.jpg.67085c265cf999d0c7d0a803a43d4977.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So here’s a question about Amazon and their 5000-10000 employees...

if they’ve known for awhile that they were going to bring in this many...why start with a 20 and 24 story building....when they could have built each of them at least 40 stories and house more of their workers?  Is it because the developers of NYards don’t want to build that much space and later have to lease it all if Amazon decided to move elsewhere?

Edited by titanhog

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I would think Amazon is bullish on the coronavirus. People are staying at home and much more dependent upon household items being delivered?

I am certainly ordering more from Amazon. I have noticed about a 4 day delay as of last week in orders from Amazon Pantry. I have no idea what it is this week.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

There is room next to the current Amazon tower for others correct? asking for a friend.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/amazon-tax-back-on-the-agenda-in-seattle

SWVP(Developer of Nashville Yards) has two large office towers planned directly across the street. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

There is room next to the current Amazon tower for others correct? asking for a friend.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/amazon-tax-back-on-the-agenda-in-seattle

Yeah...I think Smeagols or Markhollin could tell you more...but I think I remember that Amazon is definitely building the 2 towers...and then has dibs on maybe 3 more in the development?  Of course, we now have anti-business mayor (as far as tax relief goes)...so nothing is certain.

• Like 1