Amazon: The Thread | 5,000 Jobs | 1M SQFT in Nashville Yards

ZestyEd

Please be consistent on squashing the political talk, which I applaud.  I think we all know several on here that seem to constantly bash Jim and John Cooper and frankly its tiring, (just as the Sticks sculpture and Westin have been beaten to death).  From some posts you would think Nashville is going down hill fast due to these men.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Amazon announced today it's new headquarters building in   Arlington County Virginia in addition to its three  22 story towers in Phase one and it is an achitectural dozy.  The helix shaped building is amazing.  Can Nashville hope for Amazon to grow its current plans with something so dramatic?   There is the buildig we have speculated across Broadway for quite a while as a tall glass box.  Could we possibly hope for more character like this new planned one in Virginia?

http___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_210202025041-embargoed-02-amazon-hq2-design-helix.jpg

It's cute if you don't look at it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’ll be way more interesting than things in most cities in the US outside of NY & Chicago. 

I am not saying this is the Eiffel Tower by any means, but Parisians were horrified by the Eiffel Tower and it was said people’s favorite spot to go to was the Eiffel Tower so they wouldn’t have to see it. 

Hopefully from a pedestrian standpoint, it will activate the street and provide a sense of place. 

• Like 2

Again its like stilling the guitar up on its end and saying we need a building like this. This one is like they looked at their Christmas Tree and said I am going to design a building that looks like my Christmas tree.

How about a traffic cone shaped building painted orange or maybe one designed after a horse trough! Its probably just me but some of these designs are just on the verge of redonkulous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Again its like stilling the guitar up on its end and saying we need a building like this. This one is like they looked at their Christmas Tree and said I am going to design a building that looks like my Christmas tree.

How about a traffic cone shaped building painted orange or maybe one designed after a horse trough! Its probably just me but some of these designs are just on the verge of redonkulous.

Whatever happened to our proposed guitar shaped building :tw_joy: