ZestyEd

Possibility of Nashville becoming Amazon's new second HQ city; 50,000 jobs; $5 billion investment by company

I certainly don't want the cost of living to go up even more. Already hard to stomach the 25% increase in cost of living but only around a 15% increase in wages here.

• Like 1

I honestly hope another large company relocates their headquarters to Nashville than amazon, such as a big healthcare or logistics company. In my dreams I would love it if Schneider Electric or Royal Philips created a second NA headquarters in Nashville, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon :D 

We should just wait and put a bid in, in 2025 for Amazon’s HQ3....  100 jobs and a 1 million dollar investment from them :) jk 

Scary that Nashville's "College Population" is so low. I don't think the "Tech Labor Force"  score is any big shocker. Overall I would say Nashville is in pretty good company in these rankings - aside from Newark (which benefits from proximity to NYC) these are top-tier American cities.

• Like 3

That is quite odd that Nashville scores so low in college population--not sure what to think about that. Austin basically being zero is unexpected as well considering  the University of Texas sports an enrollment of well over 50,000  on its own with Texas State (35,000 +) just 30 miles away.

• Like 4

I am sure there is a group out there say Boise Idaho will be picked. No one knows and all of these list are subjective including the WSJ.

I dont even know if Boise is even in the running or not.

8 hours ago, Outskirts said:

That is quite odd that Nashville scores so low in college population--not sure what to think about that. Austin basically being zero is unexpected as well considering  the University of Texas sports an enrollment of well over 50,000  on its own with Texas State (35,000 +) just 30 miles away.

Weird wording on their part, but I think they're referring to the college educated population, not the student population.

• Like 1