e-dub

2010 article from the City Paper discussing Nashville vs Charlotte

e-dub    297

I remember reading this one when it came out all those years ago, I actually held on to my copy of it for a few years, but don't know where it's vanished to. Anyway, here's the article:

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/nashville-and-charlotte-fighting-civic-supremacy

With a bit of hindsight, what would you guys say is wrong and what's right? It seemed the article wasn't too bullish about Nashville's immediate future, but I think we've done all right in that regard. Hopefully this will spark a good discussion.

e-dub    297

you're bang on about transportation, nashville has had a hard time getting anywhere close to something to agree on.  the difference in area of the metro is killing us here - the 30+ mile commute thing is just something i can't get my head around!

also, i don't really know anything about charlotte, the only time i've ever been there is for a usair connection some years ago.  i was wanting to discuss what the article got right about nashville vs what it didn't.

• Like 1

fieldmarshaldj    1889
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_0602.JPG

Can we swap some of your skyscrapers for some of ours ? How 'bout we give you the Westin for this pointy one ? Pretty please ?

• Like 2

BnaBreaker    4578
3 minutes ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

Can we swap some of your skyscrapers for some of ours ? How 'bout we give you the Westin for this pointy one ? Pretty please ?

I think we might have to throw in about twenty first round picks too.  :P

• Like 1

fieldmarshaldj    1889
4 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I think we might have to throw in about twenty first round picks too.  :P

Shhh ! He doesn't need to know how ugl-er-pretty it is. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

bigeasy    995

Speaking of the Westin. Here is the one in Charlotte. Not my cup of tea either, but I would prefer it over ours. Why couldn't we have had glass like this?

Westin_Charlotte.jpg

BnaBreaker    4578

Charlotte is definitely a great town.  Compared with Nashville, it has the better airport, better skyline/modern architecture, mass transit, and corporate climate whereas Nashville has the better name recognition, historic architecture, dining and nightlife scene, and creative/artistic climate... combine the two and you just might have the perfect city!  Haha :)

• Like 4

NashRugger    825

Charlotte's airport is debatable. It has the connections but it is an incredibly messy layout and is consistently complained about by those that work in aviation.  BNA can take some of those flights from CLT. :tw_glasses:

• Like 3