gman430

Canvas (BB&T building/lot redevelopment)

51 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

https://www.wyff4.com/article/painting-away/33464437

Interview with the artist from WYFF. It's just amazing how talented he has to be to do this. Looking foward to seeing this unfold.

All of the people commenting on Facebook think it’s taxpayer funded and throwing a fit. :rolleyes: Lol.

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

All of the people commenting on Facebook think it’s taxpayer funded and throwing a fit. :rolleyes: Lol.

All people that are probably somewhat bigoted in their own right. The bad thing is some of them don't even realize they are. :tw_lol: They are pitching a fit based on their beliefs without even knowing how things are getting paid. If they didn't paint an ethnic kid on there first, you wouldn't hear a thing. Yes I said it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

All people that are probably somewhat bigoted in their own right. The bad thing is some of them don't even realize they are. :tw_lol: They are pitching a fit based on their beliefs without even knowing how things are getting paid. If they didn't paint an ethnic kid on there first, you wouldn't hear a thing. Yes I said it.

Sadly, there are plenty of bigots around here that are probably already planning to vandalize the mural, thinking it has something to do with the black lives matter movement. Heck, Trump might even be here himself to help with the effort.

1 hour ago, gman said:

Sadly, there are plenty of bigots around here that are probably already planning to vandalize the mural, thinking it has something to do with the black lives matter movement. Heck, Trump might even be here himself to help with the effort.

Yep. It has nothing to do with that. The Greenville leadership wants Greenville to be an inclusive city. A diverse city. If people don't like diversity they probably shouldn't be in an urban area. Urban areas are going to have different types of people.

6 hours ago, gman said:

That was rude & unnecessary...politics was not involved with this topic.  

6 hours ago, cabelagent said:

Not political at all. Have you heard what some of the racists are saying about the mural? Seriously, I stand by my comments. There are people in this area that will attempt to vandalize the mural just because it has a black child on it and because they think taxpayers are paying for it. Sad and scary times for America. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gman said:

Not political at all. Have you heard what some of the racists are saying about the mural? Seriously, I stand by my comments. There are people in this area that will attempt to vandalize the mural just because it has a black child on it and because they think taxpayers are paying for it. Sad and scary times for America. 

It's going to be more than that though. The painting is going to be diverse. You are right about bigots though. I work with some. They don't even realize they're bigots though. That'll drive you nuts.

7 hours ago, cabelagent said:

The poster probably could've said it differently, but if you think those comments on there aren't political you aren't looking at it and turning a blind eye. They think it has something to do with BLM and it doesn't. And some of them, too many of them are definitely bigoted comments. Someone even put it on the Simpsonville residents group asking what people think of this. It isn't even in Simpsonville. I for one am glad that Greenville is trying to be diverse and inclusive. Be patient, they'll be more than an ethnic kid on there when it's done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gman said:

You must be unable to differentiate what is/is not political.

"Heck, Trump might even be here himself to help with the effort."...seriously duhhh?  

I stand by my comments...this subject was non-political & had nothing to do with Trump until you ensured that it did.    BTW....I am glad to see the mural and know it will be something that will make the community proud. 

Edited by cabelagent

21 hours ago, cabelagent said:

You must be unable to differentiate what is/is not political.

"Heck, Trump might even be here himself to help with the effort."...seriously duhhh?  

I stand by my comments...this subject was non-political & had nothing to do with Trump until you ensured that it did.    BTW....I am glad to see the mural and know it will be something that will make the community proud. 

Look back at the comments, beginning with the person that asked if the mural was about BLM. Also read the post about people making comments on Facebook. Politics were in the conversation. 

Back to the mural, I road by it this morning. It is spectacular. Can’t wait to see the finished product. 

Edited by gman
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 4:37 PM, gman said:

Someone could try Tweeting a photo of the mural to Trump and see how he responds.

I don't like the mural, but it has nothing to do with the person on it.  I'd rather just have a nice building that is inherently attractive, and the BB&T building is bad 1970s architecture.  Murals, even nice ones, just make me think of graffiti.

33 minutes ago, Cityplanner said:

Someone could try Tweeting a photo of the mural to Trump and see how he responds.

I don't understand. What a waste of key strokes.

I like the mural. I think it's unique, and is a great attempt at place-making. It fits with the use of Heritage Green, and will be an asset for the City.  The market building across the street looks great, and makes an impact entering downtown from that direction. I look forward to the townhome portion starting.

Edited by GvilleSC
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I don't understand. What a waste of key strokes.

I like the mural. I think it's unique, and is a great attempt at place-making. It fits with the use of Heritage Green, and will be an asset for the City.  The market building across the street looks great, and makes an impact entering downtown from that direction. I look forward to the townhome portion starting.

You like the mural.  I don't.  It's a free country and we can think differently.

Insulting people online doesn't reflect well on the person lobbing the insult, in my view.  Nor does it encourage the insulted person to help the other, such as with reading comprehension issues.

Edited by Cityplanner

42 minutes ago, Cityplanner said:

You like the mural.  I don't.  It's a free country and we can think differently.

Insulting people online doesn't reflect well on the person lobbing the insult, in my view.  Nor does it encourage the insulted person to help the other, such as with reading comprehension issues.

Good for you. :lol:

2 hours ago, Cityplanner said:

I don't like the mural, but it has nothing to do with the person on it.  I'd rather just have a nice building that is inherently attractive, and the BB&T building is bad 1970s architecture.  Murals, even nice ones, just make me think of graffiti.

I like it myself. Not so much just because of what's on it, but because it adds to the urban feel of Greenville. I do like that Greenville leaders are trying to show that Greenville is a city for all backgrounds and races. That's a strong move in a region that has been very one sided in the past. What does Trump have to do with it? Why would he be asked? Of course he won't like it. It doesn't fit into his old style ideology of what American should be. I'd be a slave probably. Just saying.