Canvas (BB&T building/lot redevelopment)

gman430

On 8/16/2020 at 2:42 PM, gman430 said:

I drove by this today and it is looking VERY impressive. The mural is much bigger than I was expecting. Very good detailing by the artist also: 

96ADE542-2541-4367-AF77-D132B6C622BC.jpeg

Some drone shots of the mural would be awesome, (hint hint).

On 7/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, gman430 said:

All of the people commenting on Facebook think it’s taxpayer funded and throwing a fit. :rolleyes: Lol.

I think its a lovely symbolic gesture and pretty improvement to an otherwise ugly facade to the building.  I do think we could do with more actual changes impacting the lives of our black community than murals.  I am tired of decades of mostly inaction peppered with the occasional symbolic gesture to appease while still maintaining the status quo (and this is not a statement about Greenville, more of a generalization).

Edited by gvegascple

5 minutes ago, GVLover said:

I’m surprised more people don’t appreciate the architecture of the new building going up. Personally, it’s one of my favorites and I think it will look very nice upon completion. 

If ‘appreciate’ included more height...it’d have rave reviews regarding architecture.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, SVL said:

Not bad, and I certainly welcome the added density of townhomes to downtown. However, something about this color scheme and style looks a bit like a senior living facility to me. I think it could be more interesting, but it will serve its purpose. I hope they sell well. 

51 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Every time I drive by the new Canvas Lofts building, I wish that Trader Joe's had taken the ground floor. They would have needed more parking, which would have taken some of the THs out of the picture. Might would have been worthy it, IMO. 

That would have been a nice addition and a pretty good location for such a store. Have they announced any retail tenants?