Sign in to follow this  
apaladin

Another Grocery Store. Really?

Lowe's Foods on already crowded Pelham Road. Just think we have enough grocery stores now, not to mention the ones already under construction.

15 hours ago, apaladin said:

Lowe's Foods on already crowded Pelham Road. Just think we have enough grocery stores now, not to mention the ones already under construction.

What's wrong with more grocery stores? Competitive drives down prices and ensures the poorest have access to affordable food.

15 hours ago, apaladin said:

I don't see what the big deal is. :dontknow: How is this new grocery store going to hurt you? 

Deleted. Misread original post.

Edited by Exile
Misread original post

On 9/15/2017 at 3:47 PM, gman430 said:

I don't see what the big deal is. :dontknow: How is this new grocery store going to hurt you? 

I have to travel Pelham Rd everyday and it's just another customer I will have to keep happy. So I guess it's a little selfish of me. :tw_anguished:

There is still a pretty massive food desert on the West End and Publix is still slammed.  A small grocery anywhere on this side of town is more than welcome. Unfortunately, the suburbanites keep getting the good ones. 

Speaking of groceries, has anyone heard anymore development on the Judson Mill project that was supposed to bring in some mixed use? I thought a grocery was supposed to anchor that project as well.