757Duke

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

At Chesapeake's State of the City Address, DT CEO Bob Sasser announced the name of their mixed use development will be called Summit Pointe.  Video  below.  Total investment is $300 million.

Phase 2 starting this fall will include  600+ units of luxury apartments, 100k sq ft of retail, 100k sq ft office, and a boutique hotel.  There are a bunch of renderings included in the video.

• Like 1

Wow, I tip my hat to Dollar Tree, I never thought they would one day be the company to build a downtown in Chesapeake. Here's to hoping this development spreads east of Executive to create an even larger downtown for the city. I seriously never thought I would say the words urban and Chesapeake together and not laugh in the process.

• Like 2

It helps to have a deep pocketed Fortune 500 company. This is basically self financed, they build when they want to, use of public investment is limited. Oh, how I wish for something like this at Town Center. The scarcity of land in Pembroke means 510,000 sq ft would make a tall tower. Probably twice as tall as the Chesapeake one.

I thought the video was nicely done. Glad to see more contemporary architecture is  coming when compared with the earliest renderings which were quite transitional.  12 stories is OK... still have reservations about the design… But decent enough considering there's nothing out there now  even remotely cool or tall.  Dollar Tree is a terrific  corporate citizen, and kudos to Chesapeake for retaining them.  Having that private financing    backed by a Fortune 200 Company with $22B in annual revenues is key.

I did have to chuckle though when the narrator claimed that this mixed use development was "unlike anything ever seen in this region." 

Still looming large on the horizon is the 500 acre parcel straddling the border of Chesapeake and Virginia Beach owned by Pat Robertson. That could be monumental one day.

Edited by baobabs727

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.virginiabusiness.com/news/article/cbrehampton-roads-to-lease-summit-pointe-a-new-mixed-use-development-in-che

I guess I didn't realize it before until I read this article (I know 23320 mentioned it above), but this area is going to be called  "Summit Pointe" .... Not sure if I like it. I feel like this is a branding mistake. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Up2313 said:

http://www.virginiabusiness.com/news/article/cbrehampton-roads-to-lease-summit-pointe-a-new-mixed-use-development-in-che

I guess I didn't realize it before until I read this article (I know 23320 mentioned it above), but this area is going to be called  "Summit Pointe" .... Not sure if I like it. I feel like this is a branding mistake. 

I hate it. They explain the "meaning" of the logo in the video but nothing about the name. It's better than Dollar Tree Town Center or continuing to put Greenbrier in front of everything but they could have done better. 

CBRE released the marketing brochure and it has some new info. Nothing too specific. 

CBRE Summit Pointe Brochure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...