4 hours ago, Up2313 said:

This area is going be really cool. However, that long white wall which I think is the backside of the Dollar tree warehouse looks ugly and out of place. I hope they can build store fronts or break it up with some trees or something. 

The long term plan is to relocate the distribution center and develop the whole 69 acre site but that will be the last portion developed. They’ve said the entire project is expected to take 35 years. 

On 8/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, 23320 said:

The long term plan is to relocate the distribution center and develop the whole 69 acre site but that will be the last portion developed. They’ve said the entire project is expected to take 35 years. 

Wow, this really is going to become downtown Chesapeake

Where have you seen this information? I’d love for it to be true as I have the same sentiments about the warehouse.

Also, construction update on the second office tower and wee bit of the apartments are visible here too.

aefde61d46d5aea6105498c73938e1ef.jpg

1 hour ago, AuLukey said:

Where have you seen this information? I’d love for it to be true as I have the same sentiments about the warehouse.

Also, construction update on the second office tower and wee bit of the apartments are visible here too.

aefde61d46d5aea6105498c73938e1ef.jpg

Dollar Tree PUD Development Criteria

Not sure if the 35 year timeline is mentioned in here but I know it’s been mentioned in older Pilot articles from when it was being rezoned and before the Family Dollar acquisition. It’s still on the table as it was discussed in a meeting with the city manager & business leaders in Chesapeake. 

• Like 1

F3D952D0-9021-4A85-BEF4-23449EB0FBF2.png.b246a2ed682ad98ad6e3aefd496f21d0.png&key=a0d790184cf478452b55fa12d826c7506e800b12220610fbca9804bf8b04bc51

Man, that rendering of the new office tower going up is incredibly underwhelming compared to previous renderings... Thanks, VE

18 hours ago, AuLukey said:

Man, that rendering of the new office tower going up is incredibly underwhelming compared to previous renderings... Thanks, VE

I wouldn’t worry too much about the individual building renderings here. These images are meant to show the massing of the development rather than focus on architectural features. 

• Like 1

Holy suburban town center Batman!

Seriously!

I mean, trying to create an urban landscape is great; but not if you’re going to pave parking lots. Build another garage and use all those parking lots for more buildings with some street presence; otherwise this is just going to be another office park.
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 12:32 PM, 23320 said:

F3D952D0-9021-4A85-BEF4-23449EB0FBF2.png.b246a2ed682ad98ad6e3aefd496f21d0.png

Y'know...I actually like this. It gives me NOVA vibes. Looks a lot like something you'd see in Arlington. That said, I love/hate that the suburbs of Hampton Roads want urban looking city centers, and Norfolk wants a suburban extension of the true downtown with SPQ. THIS is what I want to see alongside St. Paul Blvd!

• Like 2

Seriously!

I mean, trying to create an urban landscape is great; but not if you’re going to pave parking lots. Build another garage and use all those parking lots for more buildings with some street presence; otherwise this is just going to be another office park.

In a touch of irony, I got my wish today. Heard through the grapevine, and then fact checked with a trusted source, that the large parking lot next to Dollar Tree HQ is being replaced by a parking deck. Braking ground Q4, timeline of 1 year to complete. Should be “exact size” of other current deck. “All Dollar Tree” so it would be a surprise if this included any semblance of ground retail or residences.

4 hours ago, AuLukey said:

In a touch of irony, I got my wish today. Heard through the grapevine, and then fact checked with a trusted source, that the large parking lot next to Dollar Tree HQ is being replaced by a parking deck. Braking ground Q4, timeline of 1 year to complete. Should be “exact size” of other current deck. “All Dollar Tree” so it would be a surprise if this included any semblance of ground retail or residences.

So north of the HQ along Crossways? They did just file a site plan titled “Dollar Tree North Parking Garage” which I assumed was part of the next block that they just started work on. The ‘North’ would make more sense with what you’ve shared. 

So north of the HQ along Crossways? They did just file a site plan titled “Dollar Tree North Parking Garage” which I assumed was part of the next block that they just started work on. The ‘North’ would make more sense with what you’ve shared. 

It’s my understanding that it will go where the current parking lot is.
d0a2165f18d7bd4c3f967ea760ea4620.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk